Golden and area Conditions 2019-2020

schooled_dweeb

Reaction score
km55 on the fsr
there is a spot for a few trucks just past the hope creek fsr turnoff (1/2km).
usually plowed out by the truck

TimG

Reaction score
Anybody been riding lately? What is the snow like in quartz?

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone riding Sunday at Silent that would take a tag along? Ride a 2018 154 Freeride

We are riding somewhere on Sunday, can't say it will be Silent though. If you are stuck hit me up. just rebuilt the engine after 9000k on the old girl so I wont be going too hard.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Silent pass... WOW what a piece of **** trail! What the hell do we pay for, seriously it was garbage. Trail was similar to the day before they were grooming. Should put in for a refund and damage claims. Pretty sure I blew a shock with the whoops.

conditions... deep. Headlight all day and up to elbow deepon down hill wind blow areas.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Silent pass... WOW what a piece of **** trail! What the hell do we pay for, seriously it was garbage. Trail was similar to the day before they were grooming. Should put in for a refund and damage claims. Pretty sure I blew a shock with the whoops.

conditions... deep. Headlight all day and up to elbow deepon down hill wind blow areas.

Totally agree!!

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

U are paying for the new portable warming hut being installed into Gormans this season which will in short time be replaced with a permanent structure pending permitting. The government is being brutally slow on the permitting hence the temporary solution. The purchased portable warming hut will then be moved to Silent once the permanent structure is built. This is not a joke....thx for ur contribution- ur trail fees are not just for grooming...

ps- weekly updates on trail snow conditions and everything sledgolden.com

Last edited:

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
U are paying for the new portable warming hut being installed into Gormans this season which will in short time be replaced with a permanent structure pending permitting. The government is being brutally slow on the permitting hence the temporary solution. The purchased portable warming hut will then be moved to Silent once the permanent structure is built. This is not a joke....thx for ur contribution- ur trail fees are not just for grooming...

ps- weekly updates on trail snow conditions and everything sledgolden.com

Without prejudice, tone or attitude, how much is the cost for the new portable warming hut? How long do Sledders have to suffer before there is enough money for the portable warming hut?

These two questions are quite simple to answer. Let’r rip tater chip!

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Without prejudice, tone or attitude, how much is the cost for the new portable warming hut? How long do Sledders have to suffer before there is enough money for the portable warming hut?

These two questions are quite simple to answer. Let’r rip tater chip!

From sledgolden.com updates:

[FONT=&quot]Gorman has also seen quite a bit of action this fall. It was our hope and dream to have a new cabin up there by the time the snow flew, but it’s been held up by government antics so we’re forging ahead with plans to get a mobile unit up there this winter. This won’t replace our plans for a permanent structure but will be a sweet interim measure that we can use elsewhere once we have the permanent structure in place at Gorman. We still need some CASH to get this project rolling – about $50k – if you want to donate or support the cause, please email snowmobile@snowmobilegolden.com.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In tandem with our cabin project we got the 2nd parking lot tuned up so it’s not such a spring mud bog. It’s now level and has a nice cap of gravel on top so when you drive in you can be fairly certain to get out again. We’ll also be installing some new bridges to improve early season grooming and doing some brushing as well -but likely not til next spring.[/FONT]

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

same, was hitting supper hard just before I got to the truck, I suspect a front shock rebuild required. groomer hasn't moved in a while. Just like EI payments I guess...get to pay for something I will most likely never use. Maybe have the person taking the trail fees say that the trail is bunk and to use at own risk to body and equipment.

QPDO

Reaction score

Was at silent on saturday the 21st and the sign at the ticket booth said it was last groomed the 18th. the way in was smooth due to the fresh snow, but the way out was very rough saturday evening. i cant imagine sunday with all the additional traffic.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you get EI it helps but most people can't live on it. Now back to the forum
same, was hitting supper hard just before I got to the truck, I suspect a front shock rebuild required. groomer hasn't moved in a while. Just like EI payments I guess...get to pay for something I will most likely never use. Maybe have the person taking the trail fees say that the trail is bunk and to use at own risk to body and equipment.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys are frickin whiners, things happen maybe the cat is broken.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't been to silent pass in years. last time I went I blew all 4 shocks haha

old700

Reaction score

Or just man up and deal with the conditions. Lol. Isn’t that why everybody and their dog needs a big dollar shock package? Think of it like a snow cross race before the main event. Hot dog stand up on the hill probably had a long line and was out of ketchup too.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know if I have a crappy meal at a restaurant for $25 I complain and it’s dealt with

sledding I get nothing, if I wanted ****ter trails... don’t groom then. I will deal with it then like I did 20years ago long before grooming was a thought.

ultimately the golden snowmobile club is providing us with a service. They are failing to meet that service in my opinion. With that said they did get back to me and said avalanche hazards were to high to groom. Fair enough I can accept that, again provide the service properly and be proactive knowing a large snow forecast is coming and groom a little earlier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom