Golden 22,23

jmercer

Reaction score
Was wondering if anybody was interested in organizing a ride in Golden on the 22/23 maybe? I've never been to the mountains, but I would love to go with someone who could show me a few things. Anyone who wants to set something up, let me know.

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great riding around there.Hope you have a good lock on your truck's door, sounds like a lot of B&E's lately.:PDT_gun:

jmercer

Reaction score
Yeah I actually just read about that in the Golden section. :( Not very happy to see that, I might have to try and check out another area. Any suggestions? I'm only looking for a 1 or 2 day ride at the moment, somewhere within 4-5 hours from Calgary preferably. Again, if anyone has somewhere they're going and wouldn't mind another person along, I'd love to go.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I`m wanting to go to McBride on that weekend, but it maybe a little far for you to drive. I want to do golden to but I`m also worried about the break in`s lately. I think they has someone watching the trucks during the day for a donation of a couple bucks each. Well spend money in my opinion. Maybe someone will chime in and tell us if they has security in Golden now.

jmercer

Reaction score
How far is McBride? I'd be up for 6h of driving or so if there was a place to stay overnight. You thinking of a 2 day ride or something like that? I have to be back on Monday for 4PM for work, but I could go anytime from Saturday early morning to be back for Monday.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How far is McBride? I'd be up for 6h of driving or so if there was a place to stay overnight. You thinking of a 2 day ride or something like that? I have to be back on Monday for 4PM for work, but I could go anytime from Saturday early morning to be back for Monday.
There`s lots of places to stay in Mcbride. Barry has a B&B there, it`s $70 person per night. I`m not sure how far it is for you but from Edmonton is about a 6 hour drive doing the speed limit. I have to be back for Monday also( 7:30am at the latest). I would want to ride all say Saturday and until 1-2 on Sunday. When I go I like to get up early and ride so Sunday would still give me about 6 hours of ride time.

jmercer

Reaction score
I'm sorry, think I'm gonna have to pass on this one 4extreme. Got a friends birthday coming up this weekend that I just found out about and kinda need to go to. I'll have to make a McBride trip another time and meet up with you there when I've got more time. I checked a few maps and it looks like it'd be about 8 hours or so for me, which I don't really feel up to doing this weekend. Let me know if you have anything planned for any weekends following this one though.

Jim

slabm7

Reaction score
Hey Jim,

I'm in the same boat. I don't know many people and don't get out as much as I would like, would you maybe be up for a day ride to Radium on the weekend, its no further than Golden. But I have no idea what the snow conditions are like. Cranbrook is also about 4 hrs away which has snow. Let me know if you would be up for a day trip. Thanks

Conrad

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If i get all of the stuff done that i have to i might be in. Id like to go to radium as i have never been there. I just need to find a deck for my truck by that time.

slabm7

Reaction score
If i get all of the stuff done that i have to i might be in. Id like to go to radium as i have never been there. I just need to find a deck for my truck by that time.

If you are interested in going to Radium for a day trip this weekend I would be interested for sure. I have a truck and 2 place trailer. I have never sled radium either and need to get out this year. I'm in Cochrane so let me know and we could hook up for a day ride.

jmercer

Reaction score
slabm7, I would love to get out there this weekend. Unfortunately I have a friends Bday party sat night, and work on sunday, but I'll try and get the work changed. Would you be up for a Sunday day ride to radium or anywhere else you wanted to go if I can change my hours? (You as well catzuki) Let me know, or give me a call 403.934.9545

Jim

slabm7

Reaction score
slabm7, I would love to get out there this weekend. Unfortunately I have a friends Bday party sat night, and work on sunday, but I'll try and get the work changed. Would you be up for a Sunday day ride to radium or anywhere else you wanted to go if I can change my hours? (You as well catzuki) Let me know, or give me a call 403.934.9545

Jim

Yeah I definetly would, I have no plans all weekend. I have never ridden radium but have heard good things about it. I'm a little scared of Golden right now with all the vandalism, and Radium would be about the same distance. Catzuki are you in to?

Conrad

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At this point im not to sure. I might have to work yet. They changed there mind about what the plans are now.But im sticking with my original of being home tommorow. So if i get everything that i need done tommorow and friday, ill be in. I just have so much chit to do before chritmas. I might also have one more buddy that may come.I will let you know tonite what the plan is. ill talk to my consultant and see if we are done or not.

jmercer

Reaction score
Good deal then. I'll try my hardest to get my work changed on Sunday. I'll have an update tonight on that.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep im home tommorow morning so im gonna be in. I have my tires going on tommorow when i get home in the morning and then i have a wheel alignment friday. But i got it all figured out so i should have time to go. Just let me know where and when. Ill be able to haul 2 sleds if i get my deck friday also. Just so you know.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what time and where are you guys meeting on Friday to leave? I am interested in going and I have 1 other guy that is interested as well. Also when ar eyou guys comming back? Also where are you guys staying at?

slabm7

Reaction score
Yep im home tommorow morning so im gonna be in. I have my tires going on tommorow when i get home in the morning and then i have a wheel alignment friday. But i got it all figured out so i should have time to go. Just let me know where and when. Ill be able to haul 2 sleds if i get my deck friday also. Just so you know.

So your in for Sunday at Radium, I have a two place trailer as well.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So your in for Sunday at Radium, I have a two place trailer as well.

Yep im in. id like to go for a trip to radium as i have never been sleddin down in that area before.

Snowseeker, were heading out for a day trip on sunday. I guess we could all meet up at morely??? Its right by the hiway on the way to get there. Just pm me your number slabm7 and we can just take my truck and deck out there. I dont mind.But we might have to take your trailer if i dont get that deck on friday. Ill also bring some oil for the sleds.

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or just give me a call right now if your still online. Im workin night shift. Good old gettin paid to watch movies. 510-2182 kiel.

slabm7

Reaction score
I'm at work to, I'm getting paid to watch family guy right now. Are you at work all night? Jmercer are you in for Sunday, anyone else to Radium on Sunday? My number is 998-5718, Conrad.

Top Bottom