Golden 2016/2017

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a great day at quartz. Pow pow and more pow. Fresh lines all day long. Sorry no pics.... didn't stop long enough

JZ1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does being a member of the golden sled club get you on the trails with out pay the $25 fee?

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On fresh pow days like yesterday, its packed. Prob 100 sleds there. Was still finding some fresh areas but it was tracked out by 3 pm.

There is the cabin valley for playing around in the deep. Watch out for the creeks.... especially on low vis days like yesterday (I went over haha)

The bowls are pretty good but definitely not a place for beginners imo. I prob won't go back until I'm a little more confident in my abilities.

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thx. Is Quartz the place to go in golden? I've never been
It's ok and nice to hit up after fresh snow gets lots of traffic and has a nice cabin but Gorman is the place to be if you want the best golden has In my opinion. Silent pass is nice but needs a cabin.

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
It's ok and nice to hit up after fresh snow gets lots of traffic and has a nice cabin but Gorman is the place to be if you want the best golden has In my opinion. Silent pass is nice but needs a cabin.
Gorman is not a good place to go unless you have avalanche training and are confident in your ability to read snow pack conditions.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cabins are both good and bad. Eagles never needed a cabin and seems to have gained a lot of popularity since getting one.

I used to consider Gorman a similar type area. Don't need something to attract the family rides into more zones. Just a selfish opinion lol.

Quartz is great for people who want to ride from the high way and have lots of well ridden areas to ride. There is some excellent hidden gems in Quartz though if you know where to look.

And Silent has a cabin if you needed a warming shelter. Not a club cabin but it's there for those just in case moments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom