Going Postal

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok... here's a funny story. Now if any of you currently work for our postal system, this is sooooooo not a jab at you. I am simply stating what happened to me.... something so frustrating, I could have gone "postal"

I had a mailbox at our local store. Pretty simple, Go to the store, pick up my mail, if there was a parcel, the store owners had it inside. One day I went to pick up my mail, and there was no mail whatsoever. Not even a brochure....... all that my box contained was a tiny envelope with 2 keys in it with a notice attached to it stating my mailbox has been moved, giving me the new module and box number.....

Ok... a little bit of panic set in... as it did not tell me where this new mailbox was located, only that it was on the long road that I lived. I assumed that my module was the new one located at the end of my driveway... So the kids and I went to that set of mail boxes.

We tried compartment 9 as it had said on the note, but our keys didn't fit....I tried each compartment 9 on all of the modules they had there, but still a no go....
so I went to get Kev..... he fixes everything.. perhaps it was a key problem....
Nope... he tried every box.
I phone Canada Post..... Hello my keys don't fit in my new box.... The assure me that they will issue me new keys and send them to me... (here's where it gets interesting).... I think they actually sent the new keys to the new mail box I couldn't get into!!!! I never did receive them.....

Weeks go by with me not getting my mail until one day my kids come home from visiting my ex husband.... and hand me my mail.... I was in shock!!!
Now I haven't been married to this man for at least 8 years...... why would he have my mail?... Apparently Canada post decided that we need to share a mail box....!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously Wtfarting heck hey!

Tried to straighten this out before Christmas... we decided it was best if we do it after Christmas to avoid chaos...
Meanwhile, they decided to randomly stop forwarding my mail from my initial store box to my ex's box.... one paycheque returned.... awesome. Although they explained in the initial letter our mail would be forwarded for a year, they decided that mine would only be forwarded for a month and a half.... Freakin awesome....
So yesterday I went down to the main office in Creston.... I tried to explain to the man that my mail was going into the wrong place and i am boxless.... he said no that is where you are supposed to be.... I said Noooooo I am not supposed to be sharing a box with my ex husband.... he was looking at me like I was nuts, like I was asking something unreasonable... He looked to the lady beside him and said... "can you help me here"....
I was trying so hard to maintain composure... those who know me, understand that I have ooooodles of patience... but when I'm pushed over the edge.... watch out... Grrrrrrrrrizzly Momma busts loose.
Thankfully she understood that I didn't want to share a mail box with my ex husband, and helped figure out which new mail box can be mine...
I have a little envelope with new keys in it.... I have yet to try my new box....

wish me luck....

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks at 7:30 in the morning i am now cleaning coffee,

friggin shared boxes

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
That is so funny and must be so frusterating momma!

Love how the man thinks its okay for you to "share your box"

Men.......lol!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is so funny and must be so frusterating momma!

Love how the man thinks its okay for you to "share your box"

Men.......lol!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I know we are all thinking it, but I will leave this one for somebody else!!!:d

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom