goggles

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The best goggle out there in my opinion is light sensitive blue.You may want to take a bank loan before you head out to by them.Very Pricey!Lens alone 70.00
But worth it!
catmando!

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
amber aren't great for snowy days, but there a good all around one... the best are yellow, light blue or rose lenses... but everyones got a different opinion...

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find amber increases the contrast and makes it easier to detect subtle differences in snow in all lighting conditions. I have never tried blue. I have some scott googles with the dual amber lenses. They have lasted me for years.

shift

Reaction score
As with a lot of other people here, I prefer the amber lens.. Athough I've never tried blue. Dark tint lenses are just too dark, and clear.. well they're just clear. I used to be a big Oakley fan and said I'd never switch to any other brand, that was until the dual lens kept fogging up on me one day to the point where I had to take my goggles off for the rest of the day. Since then I picked up a pair of Spy Targa II's with amber lens. I have nothing bad to say about these goggles, they're just that good!

GRD

Reaction score
I agree everyone is different... I where amber safey glasses when it is foggy out and not that cold. When it is cold and foggy I where clear goggles. I have heard the blue tint ones are good.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Smith Warps with the Amp Blue lenses. Great fitting goggles, and the blue lense is a good all purpose choice. But; I still carry a pair of yellow safety glasses for those grey/flat light days.

summit06

Reaction score
Thats what I thought would come out. I wear the amber most of the time so I think I will get a pair of blue ones and try them. Thanks for the info

Zipp

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good quality brand, that don't fog and are scratch resistant, and where to buy 'em. I'm getting tired of the cord on the electric shield, but it's the only thing that works when the temp goes below double digits.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a pair of these, I will let you know what there like. 20 pairs for sale.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a pair of these, I will let you know what there like. 20 pairs for sale.

If you do buy these, you should buy it from there website for the same price as ebay ($50) and you will get a FREE DVD of Vertical Ascent too. Use the coupon code "holiday25", offer expires on Christmas...

$25 OFF & FREE DVD WITH GOGGLE PURCHASE

This offer expires on December 25th!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a limited time when you purchase our new 509 Sinister snowmobile goggles, we will give you a FREE Vertical Ascent DVD along with a $25 discount. That's $50 off the regular price of $100 for the combo.

Coupon Code: holiday25

This is an online only coupon. Enter the coupon code during the checkout process to apply this offer. We will automatically ship you a free dvd by entering this coupon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click here for this special offer

Enter the coupon code: holiday25 when ordering.

This offer only applies to NEW orders. It cannot be applied to past or pending orders.

Click here for more info on our goggles
509 Sinister Goggles
The highly anticipated "Sinister" goggles from 509 Films have arrived. No longer are snowmobilers forced to use ski or motocross goggles. Designed by 509 Films, with the input of thousands of sledders world wide, the Sinisters are unquestionably the worlds first and only TRUE snowmobile specific goggle. Lets face it, to date, no optics company has invested in a snowmobile specific goggle line. Why? Because up until now, the major optics companies have shunned the snowmobile industry and cast it aside as being too small to warrant any serious investment into a snowmobile specific product. We as snowmobilers didn't have an alternative to the poorly fitting, ski & motocross specific goggles that are out on the market & as a result we had no other option but to buy into poorly made and poorly fitting goggles. Well times have changed...in a BIG way.

Click here to watch the DVD teaser
Vertical Ascent DVD
509 Film's 2007 film release, Vertical Ascent, is a backcountry snowmobile film that sets the bar higher than ever before. Filmed in locations across the west. Vertical Ascent features some of the most insane big mountain riding ever witnessed. Including unthinkable chute climbs, deep powder riding, gnarly wrecks, and some incredible big air. This film stars the riders of Team BGC.

Runtime: 60 minutes
Full length watercross movie in the extras
Introduction to the Phatom Rotary Sled
Two soundtracks: Modern Rock & Raw Sled Sounds

***FREE***

Click here for this special offer

Enter the coupon code: holiday25 when ordering.

This offer only applies to NEW orders. It cannot be applied to past or pending orders.

smash

Reaction score
like shredder I bought the smith warps but I went with the rose lens
rose probably not the best for low light but Iwould recomend the warps to anyone best fit Ihave found yet and the extra nose peice that mounts on the frame blocks any wind great pair of goggles and not that pricey

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear Spy blizzards with amber lens. I think thats what there called anyways. The only time they fog up is when i get stuck and start sweating under my helmet, and the amber lens is good for all conditions.
But a good trick to un-fog your goggles is to place them under the hood of your sled for a couple of minutes. The heat under there will dry them off and clear them right up.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear Spy blizzards with amber lens. I think thats what there called anyways. The only time they fog up is when i get stuck and start sweating under my helmet, and the amber lens is good for all conditions.
But a good trick to un-fog your goggles is to place them under the hood of your sled for a couple of minutes. The heat under there will dry them off and clear them right up.

Why don't you just take them off when you're stuck..much easier.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I wear tinted & amber (North/edge) wrap around safety glasses. When I must use goggles I have a pair of Oakley.... Kind of got a orangeish tint. Also carry a small bottle of fog reducing lens cleaner. Have to apply when ever needed. :)

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The goggles I wear are Smith Turbos,I don't know if they are still available or not,they have a small fan in them that runs on 2 aaa batteries.I wear glasses and tried everything before buying these.The fan has a switch and if you only use it intermittantly the batteries will last about three days.If you dry them out after every ride,they are fog free.The only downfall is because of the batterie pack,you cant run quick straps.

Top Bottom