Go to get rear suspension bolts out of a xp

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you get the 4 bolts out to remove the skid. I can't seem to get more than 1 out at a time.

Thanks

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol. Ya that's always fun. Need to get a longer bolt with all threads. Then put a nut on it. Then screw the bolt in by hand until you feel resistance. Then tighten the nut against the tunnel. This locks the axel in place and you can remove the other side. Then thread out the bolt on the other side by hand. Same for front

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I loosen one side and than tighten it back to just snug, then loosen the other side than grab the impact and they come out if you dont have a impact than Maxwell's way will be the "for sure" way if your still stuck.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell's Idea is a really good one, but if you have access to a impact gun wether it is electric or air, run one in and out till it gets the locktite loose, tighten it back up then do the other side. Than you can get both of the bolts out by working either side, I can get my skid out in less then ten minuits, I use the same process for the axle bolts and the cross shafts.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I loosen one side and than tighten it back to just snug, then loosen the other side than grab the impact and they come out if you dont have a impact than Maxwell's way will be the "for sure" way if your still stuck.
Opps I didn't read far enough down,:p

Top Bottom