• Professional Low Light Performance
  • Full 170º, Medium 127º, Narrow 90º FOV in 1080p and 720p Video
  • 120 fps WVGA, 60 fps 720p, 48 fps 960p, 30 fps 1080p Video
  • Full 170º and Medium 127º FOV Photos
  • 10 11MP Photos Per Second Burst
  • 1 11MP Photo Every 0.5 Sec Timelapse Mode
  • 3.5mm External Stereo Microphone Input
  • Simple Language-based User Interface
  • Wi-Fi BacPac™ and Wi-Fi Remote™ Compatible (coming soon)
    • Long Range Remote Control of up to 50 GoPro Cameras
    • Wi-Fi Video/Photo Preview + Playback + Control via GoPro App
    • Live Streaming Video and Photos to the Web
HD HERO2 Motorsports Edition

Launch Helmet Cams

Reaction score
We've just put the up on our website for pre-order. It sounds like we should have some stock around mid to late November. We managed to get our hands on a demo unit and will start rolling out some demo videos and reviews shortly.

Launch Helmet Cams

Reaction score
We managed to get our hands on a GoPro HD Hero 2 outdoor edition and put together this open box review. It shows the contents of the GoPro HD Hero 2 and goes over some of the new features on the camera. We'll be dropping a full review of the GoPro HD Hero 2 soon:

spikeydave

Reaction score
will the audio be crackly and screwed up like it is on my GoPro HD? Not sure why but my camera has had a audio issue from day one and is crackly when the revs crank on the sled. Not impressed and is now out of warranty. Any other models/brands you would suggest?

Launch Helmet Cams

Reaction score
I've found the audio on the GoPro HD Hero 2 to be very much the same as on the HD Hero - I'm pretty sure they've used the same microphone. I'd be interested in seeing/hearing some footage shot with your camera though to see if it's an issue with your camera or if it's just a GoPro thing. Send me a PM or an email with some demo footage (if you have any) and I'll take a look for you. There might be something that we can do to fix the problem.

I'm personally a big fan of the - they're really easy to use, have great video quality in a wide variety of lighting conditions and they have some really useful features such as in-built colour LCD screen and a remote control.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will the audio be crackly and screwed up like it is on my GoPro HD? Not sure why but my camera has had a audio issue from day one and is crackly when the revs crank on the sled. Not impressed and is now out of warranty. Any other models/brands you would suggest?

Some GoPros have a crackling result with certain harmonics. Make sure you are using the solid back door(waterproof) and have the sound set to Low. Some people have even gone and put tape over the mic opening. A google search will turn up quite a few issues with the Hero's audio crackling issues. But it seems to be hit and miss on who has an issue.

Possibly a quality control issue. I ordered a Hero 2 though. It closes the gap on high end POV cams.

Last edited:
Top Bottom