Go Pro edit programs

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have quite a few GoPro vids and trying to find out how to edit and build my own movie. I see that Window media don't work cause GP's have a different format. Asking at Bestbuy or anyone that sells these gadgets, can't get an answer.
So since I see quite a few vids on here, what is a good program to use? There must be ones out there that I can download from the web, but can't seem to find anything friendly. I just want to take some of my footage, take all the good parts out and make a little movie.

Giver800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could try GoPro studio but I haven't been able to figure that out yet. Every time I have uploaded the videos to GoPro studio it has glitches where it plays slow mo or skips or the sounds is off. I don't know if its something I am doing wrong with my settings or what but you may have better luck with it than I have.

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Without a doubt, Windows Movie Maker is the easiest to use and free.
Should come pre-installed in most windows pc's, and if not... free to download as part of "windows live essentials".

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Without a doubt, Windows Movie Maker is the easiest to use and free.
Should come pre-installed in most windows pc's, and if not... free to download as part of "windows live essentials".
Only problem with Windows Movie Maker, is that the gopro films in MP4 format, and windows movie maker does not have the capability to edit MP4. You can convert the mp4 into avi using a problem like Handbrake, it can compress the video into a smaller file, and convert it into avi making Windows Movie Maker usable with the footage.
You could try GoPro studio but I haven't been able to figure that out yet. Every time I have uploaded the videos to GoPro studio it has glitches where it plays slow mo or skips or the sounds is off. I don't know if its something I am doing wrong with my settings or what but you may have better luck with it than I have.
GoProStudios is probably the best choice. It is user friendly, First you have to select your videos and you can cut and trim the videos to length, and select "convert" this converts the videos from MP4 into AVI for goprostudios to use. Once they're converted you go into an Edit page, and you just drag and drop the videos from your converted folder on the left of the page into the timeframe below the preview.

Be warned, you cannot slow the video down in GoProStudios without losing the audio. So if you change the speed to anything other then 100% it will get rid of your audio.

For the original poster, i suggest using GoProStudios, it is quite user friendly, and there is a tutorial on the gopro website. Another nice thing is they offer templates where you can add your own clips into a template. I have experimented with these. Here's one that i used a gopro template.

https://youtu.be/DjVHOx6EFTU

• Thanks
Reactions: Dmf

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only problem with Windows Movie Maker, is that the gopro films in MP4 format, and windows movie maker does not have the capability to edit MP4. You can convert the mp4 into avi using a problem like Handbrake, it can compress the video into a smaller file, and convert it into avi making Windows Movie Maker usable with the footage.

GoProStudios is probably the best choice. It is user friendly, First you have to select your videos and you can cut and trim the videos to length, and select "convert" this converts the videos from MP4 into AVI for goprostudios to use. Once they're converted you go into an Edit page, and you just drag and drop the videos from your converted folder on the left of the page into the timeframe below the preview.

Be warned, you cannot slow the video down in GoProStudios without losing the audio. So if you change the speed to anything other then 100% it will get rid of your audio.

For the original poster, i suggest using GoProStudios, it is quite user friendly, and there is a tutorial on the gopro website. Another nice thing is they offer templates where you can add your own clips into a template. I have experimented with these. Here's one that i used a gopro template.

https://youtu.be/DjVHOx6EFTU

I have been adding raw gopro files into movie maker for a couple years now, in windows 8.1, and now windows 10. They edit fine without any conversion.

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom