Glove Suggestions?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been using Motorfist WOT for a bunch of rides now including on the motorcycle when I was getting colder. I like them a lot. I want to get a set of the Valkyries next.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OH OH don't get on a poo poo it would be all over then.....

been there and done that. definately would be my second choice but at least i'd still be riding.

my Klims palms froze exactly like mentioned earlier, so i'm gonna ask Santa for a pair of the MF gloves

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, bit the bullet on some MF valkyrie's. All this hype better not be wrong! Coming from the US so hurry up and wait I guess. Thanks for the tips guys and gals.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Been drinking Doolaid and eating Klim Kookies for a long time. Maybe its time to try out some of this Motor Fist gear.

I missed this post as I was at the Saskatoon sled show…………awesome scripture dude!

drinking Doolaid and eating Klim Kookies

​even gave you some rep for that………...

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best bang for the buck gloves I've ever used are the Fly Switch SNX gloves. They can be had for around $40 and I get most of the day out of a pair before they get wet. I carry Motorfist WOT in the pack for the way down if it's cold, or mechanix style gloves if it's warm out.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, bit the bullet on some MF valkyrie's. All this hype better not be wrong! Coming from the US so hurry up and wait I guess. Thanks for the tips guys and gals.

You wont be disappointed!

I have a pretty much brand new set of Klim Togs I'll sell cheap just to get rid of them!, believe their a small though.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My hands sweat a lot so I've never found a glove that will stay dry for more than a couple of hours of mountain riding, even less if digging a lot. I use a thin leather outer glove and take 4 or 5 sets of liners and change them out as the day goes by. I also keep a pair of warm mittens in my tunnel box if needed for a cold trail ride out.

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try wearing a pair of the blue rubber or latex gloves under a light pair of gortex gloves your hands stay dry and it keeps the heat from your hands from escaping try it you won't believe it but it works

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when everything else fails.... these will always work!!

shocka3.jpg
shocka2.jpg

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My hands sweat a lot so I've never found a glove that will stay dry for more than a couple of hours of mountain riding, even less if digging a lot. I use a thin leather outer glove and take 4 or 5 sets of liners and change them out as the day goes by. I also keep a pair of warm mittens in my tunnel box if needed for a cold trail ride out.

you need some spring gloves i am the same way so much sweat,,, the heated grips actualy dry them out as the day goes on,, wet in twenty dry in ten wet again lol I wear em up to -15 but on the trail up in the am I wear a heavier glove..... I ride with 3 pairs and use 2 pair usualy

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally, got the Valkyrie's...they are pretty good. They are a nice fit, the cuff is good, but I guess my only complaint is that I wish they were a touch warmer. They run a little cold for December weather. Other than that, they seem like a pretty tough glove so far.

kefremdad

Reaction score
Bought the MF Valkyrie a couple of years ago.. got adventurous and went 3/4 the way up the gauntlet in a bucket of water to test.. there were no leaks whatsoever!!! I also use the Helley Hanson polypropelene little blue liner and never have a problem with cold hands.. even when Im dumb enough to let a little snow in and get wet they keep my hands warm..

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the motorfist redline gloves and I am not happy with them. My hands may sweat a bit or get a little wet when I take them off to adjust stuff. The lining seems to pull out just enough to make it a pain in the a$$ to get them back on. I have been repairing my old Arctiva for a while now because I can always slip my hands in without a problem. Its my biggest issues with gloves. i should bring a small spray bottle when i buy the next pair. Disappointed with the motorfist redlines. A little more glue and heat for the old gloves.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of Scott Highline Gloves. Not a big fan. They have Gore Windstopper in them and work great until they get wet. That didn't take very long, then my hands were freezing. Grip warmers on high just couldn't keep up with out cold my hands were and it wasn't that cold out. Going to keep them as a good general winter use glove, but going to get a pair of Klim Powercross to replace them.

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just got the klim powercross and tried them out today. hate em. probably would stay dry, didnt get the chance to find out. i tried them twice, but each time they only lasted 10 min. imo thick gloves give no feel of the bars and the liner seems to slip inside the gloves. i have pretty much just always used the dakine mustang snowboard pipe gloves. awesome gloves but last less than a year. my hands do get wet digging, but stay warm until i stop for lunch. then its time for another. does anyone have any suggestions for some fairly thin gloves that are hopefully waterproof. $125 on gloves sucks when you wont wear them.

Top Bottom