Glove Suggestions?

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, have any suggestions for a good set of gloves, riding specific? I wore a basic pair of Columbia's last year that would be better suited to shoveling snow...time for something better..

I like the fingers as opposed to mitt style, and they have to be pretty warm! Ideas?

Xfmontana

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the motorist Kill Switch glove, great for play areas, on trail slip them in my other gloves supper comfy

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim summits, or togwotee's, both have a gauntlet that comes up over your coats cuff, they're a bit thicker, their is also the PowerXcross, it's a medium weight glove that fits great and you can still feel the bars very well. Motorfist also makes nice gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My favorite Gloves on the Planet are My Motorfist WOTs .. On the way home, sometimes I change into my Valkyries they have gauntlet .. I have a set of Fly Neoprin Gloves too.. they are pretty funky wicked.. They are my back up.. and on Wicked spring sunny days I'll wear my kill switch gloves or my TLD funky cool pink Moto Gloves.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wore Gore Tex Dakines last season and hated them. Switched to Motorfist Valkyries and loved them so much I bought the WOT's too.

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim summits, or togwotee's, both have a gauntlet that comes up over your coats cuff, they're a bit thicker, their is also the PowerXcross, it's a medium weight glove that fits great and you can still feel the bars very well. Motorfist also makes nice gloves.

I love my Powerxross gloves! My hands stay dry and warm all day even on deep powder days! :)

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The Togwotee's look like a good glove too. I appreciate all the feedback. Any good companies to buy online from that would carry Klim or Motorfist? Free or cheap shipping is a HUGE plus.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
POW Makes some wicked gloves as well. I have a pair of thicker ones I use for skiing and riding in and out on the trail.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm using Klim fusions and love em. They have 2 different compartments to put your hand into. The "grip" compartment has a thinner palm for better dexterity when using the controls and riding hard and the "warm" compartment have a thicker palm for when you're stuck digging out for a while. Needless to say I used the warm compartment more than a few times last year.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For mountain riding, I wear light black diamond ski glove. Single layer leather glove palm with a neoprene like back of the hand fabric. I am not a fan of the Klim gauntlet gloves I bought, do not recall model, but the palm leather is not fully adhered to the inside fabric in the glove. This leads to poor handlebar grip. You grab the bar and you can still rotate you hand on the bars. They are super comfy but not for agressive sledding IMO. Also did not find them warm, my hands got very cold. I find the smaller single layer palm gloves allow your heated grips to work as they should with thick, multilayer gloves you can't even tell your heated grips are on.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've worn Arctiva Mechanized for 5 years or so. Love them. I've tried others during that time. I would by another pair but I can't find some exactly like these with a full knuckle guard and rubberized material on the palms. This past season I ripped one of the fingers and now it catches on the brake lever.
I walked around the sled show a bunch of times looking for gloves with the same features and material. I don't like any gloves with leather palms. Can't be waterproof and won't last imho. Almost ordered some true adventure gloves on the web just based on price. Glad I didn't. They had some at the show and they felt way too thin.

I bought a pair of Motorfist Redline gloves and hope they work out. Just in case, I stitched my old gloves up and sealed them with shoe goo.

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran a set of klim togwotees last season .. the leather would get super wet and then freeze solid when taking a break.. i'd have to thaw them out on my pipe to get any movement

so sure enough I burnt holes in them

but their warranty is so good, they sent me a new pair this year. (probably wont wear them though, unless they have changed the leather)

picked up a pair of mountain hardware "outdry" gloves and a set of arcteryx ones ... will see which one does better

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My favorite Gloves on the Planet are My Motorfist WOTs .. On the way home, sometimes I change into my Valkyries they have gauntlet .. I have a set of Fly Neoprin Gloves too.. they are pretty funky wicked.. They are my back up.. and on Wicked spring sunny days I'll wear my kill switch gloves or my TLD funky cool pink Moto Gloves.

Jeez...you carry Arrons' entire stock of gloves with you! :wave:

Top Bottom