Global Newscast - Mar 18-10 (Heli-skiers speak out about Revy Avalanche)

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, if you look on google earth, someone is raping that mountain face. Clearcut with TONS of burn piles at the bottom. Is he involved in this environmental disaster? Is that crown land?

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
yep that is mikes dooing, its all clear cut and he had a logging operation up there i believe im could be wrong as this happened long before my time on this world lol

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The media will never change. They just sell what people want to buy. They could lie that day is night and night is day as long as people kept watching their show or buying newspapers. Until people wake up and see the truth and stop believing the media lies and stop watching their shows, buying their papers, and start watching the news shows that tell the truth and the papers that report the truth.
Until then, its never gonna change. People like Weigle or the Greenies will win. I don't know if this is a fact or not, but our Prime Minister is suppose to be an avid snowmobiler/advocate. Maybe it is time to try and get some pull with that guy. If it is possible.... lol

the media is completly controlled by the government. the reason the government wants to tax and create legislation for snowmobilers is because it is easily taxable. gas, oil, high price point, lots of people = easier ways to con the average guy. ed stelmach should be the one to advocate for us because he is an oil company puppet. and we contribute ALOT. but someone else is pulling his strings. why not tax those who earn over 125,000 a year heavily instead of snowmobilers?

kjb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i look at the hill everyday especially on the mornings when you wake up to 3 feet of powder, and Ive always wondered what it would be like to ride haha

whats the story with this hill? He must have permission to cut such a big patch. They do get permission for cutting heli ski runs but this does look like a ski hill. Does he have permission for his ski hill? Is there much opposition to this locally? Its well known the local businesses don't benifit from heli ski lodges (especially weigle). This private hill concept doesn't sound like a good one for the locals either. I haven't heard much about this in the news for a long time.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems Mike may be looking for investors on this project. Perhpas all sledders should get together and become a private investors group with someone positioned on the board of directors.

Wouldn't that be interesting.

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats the story with this hill? He must have permission to cut such a big patch. They do get permission for cutting heli ski runs but this does look like a ski hill. Does he have permission for his ski hill? Is there much opposition to this locally? Its well known the local businesses don't benifit from heli ski lodges (especially weigle). This private hill concept doesn't sound like a good one for the locals either. I haven't heard much about this in the news for a long time.

Good read here. Looks like his ski hill is Government Funded, and Encouraged by the Govt.

I have been thinking about doing a good write on Mike Wiegele's operations and his affects on the environment, in comparison to the Effects of us Snowmobilers. Woulding his mass clear cutting for his Heli-Skiing Tenure have more of an effect on the Mountain Cariboo.

ANY INFO you have on Wiegele please PM me with links.

Thanks

Resort to Resorts

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I fear the Weigle battle is one that we can never win... He services many high profile wealthy clients, pads the governments pockets and operates within perameters laid out for him by government.
We as sledders on the otherhand are individuals some responsible some not so much, and yes we pay out the taxes (sleds, fuel, food, trucks, trailers ect.) but it's not viewed as a collective lump sum so it will never be looked at from the same perspective.
I've never met the man but I've heard from multiple sources that he is an azz, not just on here also from people who have utilized his services.
But guess what.... most business minds are full of azz. I can't deny the fact that when I look at the mans operations, the size, the quality, the constant expansion I can't help but respect him from a business standpoint. I have been a skier far longer than I have owned a sled (can't even consider myself a "sledder" yet) and I see the pictures of the heliskiing and am awestruck, it would be an amazing adventure. In all honesty if I were the guy who built that empire as much as I'd like to think I'd play fair....there is a good possibility I'd be a swollen headed azz as well.... Buisiness world is a dog eat dog world and he has eaten some dogs and padded the right pockets....

It is what it is, we need to worry about ourselves not him.

Good read here. Looks like his ski hill is Government Funded, and Encouraged by the Govt.

I have been thinking about doing a good write on Mike Wiegele's operations and his affects on the environment, in comparison to the Effects of us Snowmobilers. Woulding his mass clear cutting for his Heli-Skiing Tenure have more of an effect on the Mountain Cariboo.

ANY INFO you have on Wiegele please PM me with links.

Thanks

Resort to Resorts

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"why not tax those who earn over 125,000 a year heavily instead of snowmobilers?"

Umm, what makes you think that level doesn't pay it's fair share?

tundra twin track

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE= When conditions are good i do way fewer. I ski with a lot of different people and it is quite commen to dig. On the other hand i notice i do fewer pits when i'm sledding, i'm not sure why. I can not recal seeing ANY OTHER sledder EVER digging a pit. I really hope that is not the norm.

I took a CAA avy course in 1997 and one of the instructors was a CMH guide with no sledding experience.We dug numerous pits through out the week and he mentioned more than once that on a capable machine it was possible to cover every aspect on the mountain in a very short period of time.As with skiing you don't cover as huge variety of terrain.He said this made it far more challanging to evaluate the risk on a sled compared to skiing.

Have a safe WINTER!

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I fear the Weigle battle is one that we can never win... He services many high profile wealthy clients, pads the governments pockets and operates within perameters laid out for him by government.
We as sledders on the otherhand are individuals some responsible some not so much, and yes we pay out the taxes (sleds, fuel, food, trucks, trailers ect.) but it's not viewed as a collective lump sum so it will never be looked at from the same perspective.
I've never met the man but I've heard from multiple sources that he is an azz, not just on here also from people who have utilized his services.
But guess what.... most business minds are full of azz. I can't deny the fact that when I look at the mans operations, the size, the quality, the constant expansion I can't help but respect him from a business standpoint. I have been a skier far longer than I have owned a sled (can't even consider myself a "sledder" yet) and I see the pictures of the heliskiing and am awestruck, it would be an amazing adventure. In all honesty if I were the guy who built that empire as much as I'd like to think I'd play fair....there is a good possibility I'd be a swollen headed azz as well.... Buisiness world is a dog eat dog world and he has eaten some dogs and padded the right pockets....

It is what it is, we need to worry about ourselves not him.

Well said, money and business are pretty much the answer to every question we have about weiggles operation.
Those skiers are never left stranded on the hill while the chopper goes on a rescue. First off those are contract planes so someone else makes the call on weather that heli goes to a rescue or not.It only pisses him off because it might leave skiers on the ground at the resort but never left on the mountain.

Reaction score
but you always pay for that rescue when he gets on the airwaves and in the papers and voices his displeasure for 'always having to be there to rescue snowmobilers'.

Regulation Ron

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the media is completly controlled by the government. the reason the government wants to tax and create legislation for snowmobilers is because it is easily taxable. gas, oil, high price point, lots of people = easier ways to con the average guy. ed stelmach should be the one to advocate for us because he is an oil company puppet. and we contribute ALOT. but someone else is pulling his strings. why not tax those who earn over 125,000 a year heavily instead of snowmobilers?

so your saying someone that works 3/4 of the year away from home 12-14 hours a day doesn't get to see there family and only gets to go to the mountains 4 or 5 times a year sledding should get taxed more because of what they make. they are already getting taxed enough.plus those people are the average person anyways. they just need to find a different solution period

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"why not tax those who earn over 125,000 a year heavily instead of snowmobilers?"

Umm, what makes you think that level doesn't pay it's fair share?

those people can afford to pay more taxes. what about the little man? hmmm, you dont think that the majority of the people who are below that are having finacial troubles? why dont you agree with that? you a conservative? dont beleive in left wing polotics, that everybody should be equal?:nono:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me suspects that at some point in the Weigele expansion/land acquistion scheme that he might start doing professional snowmobile tours for wealthy Europeans and Americans. Mountain sledding and skiing from the same resort, on the same day.........hmmmmm

As the famous Bogger once said, "Just sayin'".

Top Bottom