Global Newscast - Mar 18-10 (Heli-skiers speak out about Revy Avalanche)

dumbassracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weigle the heli-skier from Blue River is at it tonight on Global BC. Seems in his mind that it is ok for him to take people into the backcountry when the avalanche danger is high, but us stupid snowmobilers should be stopped in our tracks.
If you get a chance watch tonight, and maybe post what you guys think about how insane and delusional this guy really is.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the words i would used to describe how i feel about mike weigle arnt allowed on this site

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know where he lives been by there lots, though i dont mind when his choppers assist with rescues thats why i will keep it to myself dont want to burn any bridges that i may need to cross in the future

dumbassracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he needs to be hooked up behined my turboed rx1 at 30 pounds boost and see how long those boards stay on his feet.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW i just watched it

unreal how the media looks at things.

#1 - MIKE WEIGLE TOOK THE MEDIA HELISKIING!!!!!!!! SHOULD WE SELECT A GROUP AND DO THE SAME?

#2 - he talks about how weigle makes sure all bases are covered for safety lblahblablah....HE HAS TO. its his job!!!!

sledders are not paying for a service. it is UP TO EVERYONE. if we payed 10,000 a week we would expect the same safety precautions

ahhh im so mad

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That man is something else. I guess he has a short memory for all the back country skiing deaths in the past. Someone needs to step forward and be a voice for our sled communities soon.

I wonder if someone offered to take media out on a mountain ride , would they take us up on our offer so they could perhaps report the truth about our sport.Was there not a reporter at Revy on the weekend riding? I may be mistaken but I thought I read that a reporter from Calgary was at Turbo Bowl riding. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

dumbassracing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The media will never change. They just sell what people want to buy. They could lie that day is night and night is day as long as people kept watching their show or buying newspapers. Until people wake up and see the truth and stop believing the media lies and stop watching their shows, buying their papers, and start watching the news shows that tell the truth and the papers that report the truth.
Until then, its never gonna change. People like Weigle or the Greenies will win. I don't know if this is a fact or not, but our Prime Minister is suppose to be an avid snowmobiler/advocate. Maybe it is time to try and get some pull with that guy. If it is possible.... lol

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
THATS IT!!!!!!

I'm gonna run for prime minister and set this country straight..

Death penalties for pedephiles and hienous crimes
Work for welfare
Ignore the extreme right, ignore the extreme left (no matter how loud they are) and look out for the middle class tax payer.
No turbans in the RCMP or Military... a uniform is a uniform, wear it as is or don't sign up...
Recognize the fact that the govenment should work for the people not the other way around.

As prime minister I will fly westjet and stay in a super-8 like 90% of my voting public...

Our minister of the envirinment should be a scientist not a politician, minister of finance should be an accountant, minister of defence should be a decorated military figure.....ect.ect.ect....pizzes me off when they "shuffle the cock-ists" if anyone can look after any portfolio how effective can they really be...

Sorry off-topic but I'm getting riled up....

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Documentary...no.

Biased Editorial...YES

The juxtaposition of the "responsible" heli skiers and the "reckless" sledders makes me sick....I wonder how much wiggly paid to get that story portrayed with this script ?

:rant:

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
THATS IT!!!!!!

I'm gonna run for prime minister and set this country straight..

Death penalties for pedephiles and hienous crimes
Work for welfare
Ignore the extreme right, ignore the extreme left (no matter how loud they are) and look out for the middle class tax payer.
No turbans in the RCMP or Military... a uniform is a uniform, wear it as is or don't sign up...
Recognize the fact that the govenment should work for the people not the other way around.

As prime minister I will fly westjet and stay in a super-8 like 90% of my voting public...

Our minister of the envirinment should be a scientist not a politician, minister of finance should be an accountant, minister of defence should be a decorated military figure.....ect.ect.ect....pizzes me off when they "shuffle the cock-ists" if anyone can look after any portfolio how effective can they really be...

Sorry off-topic but I'm getting riled up....

Will you be looking for an assistant? I'm in....I'm sure we could do at least as well as what this country is used to.

Top Bottom