giovanni atv

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if anyone has owned a giovanni two wheel drive race quad 200cc or higher can you leave a review on what you think of them

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we had them for about 3 years. They were Cheap like borscht to purchase and cheaply made. Lots of little things go wrong, but they run and run and run and run. The Beast ones are better than the "hunter" style that they have.
they aren't fancy, use lots of loctite.. But they do Run.... We actually had a blast with them.

Owned 3 of the Beasts, one 250 cc dirt bike 2 110s, and a couple 50 cc dirt bikes

silver fox

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried one of their bikes, it was junk..2 of my friends bought a couple each of their quads, they started falling apart within a couple of rides..you get what you pay for..you're better buying a used honda, kawi etc. at least they are well made IMO..they are toys, built with cheap components..bushings instead of bearings, etc.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've had good luck with the kids bike, mide you, as soon as we brought it home, we took it apart and blue locktite every bolt on the bike, agreed, you do get what you pay for, but with regular maintainance they can be a cheap, fun toy

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had a Blue 250cc with a clutch, suspension was horrendous, but for a kid, they just happy to be riding. Kept shorting out, probably only took it out for 2 rides before selling it.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bought a little 110 quad from cosco a few years back still running strong wife rode it for a season and a buddys kid now rides it probaly close to 1000kms,routine mantaice and a bunch of locktight and it is great only cost 1000 I think.

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had 2 gio quads for 3 years with no problems other than loose bolts. you can buy at least 4 gio quads for the price of 1 brand name, and at the rate kids grow up you'll need a new 1 every 2-3 years anyway. best bang for your buck. just upgraded to 2 gio beasts, $700 each new with warranty.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just personal opinion but when I'm a dad in a few years or so, I'm putting my kid on a brand name machine like my dad did for me when I was little. You can buy 3 Gio's or get 'em a Honda that they can bag and bag day in and day out and hold up like a champ.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just personal opinion but when I'm a dad in a few years or so, I'm putting my kid on a brand name machine like my dad did for me when I was little. You can buy 3 Gio's or get 'em a Honda that they can bag and bag day in and day out and hold up like a champ.

when u see how fast they grow u will change your mind or have deep pockets my kid started on a 70 and in one season was to big then a 110 for 2 seasons now hes on a dirtbike bought a crf70 seat height is a bit bike so trimed down the seat so he can touch ground. put him on a trx90 and that would be to little next season

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Absolutely, if you can afford it, good on you. I have 4 kids and a limited budget, so brand name machines just weren't in the cards for my sweeties.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not wanting to bash or offend anyone but off brand machines are one of my biggest pet peeves. Would never trust one for the life of my kid.

When I was 8 my dad threw me on a Honda 350 fourtrax and called it good. It was after, I spent a few hard months on his lap learning how to ride his Foreman400 at the time. I bagged that quad year in and year out without fail and it lasted me until I was 12. We sold it because we found a steal of a deal on a '05 Foreman.

Long story short... When I have a kid, hes learning on mine, then going straight to his own "entry level" quad in the 250-350 range. Bypass the whole "mini" thing.

My buddy's little brother went through the same thing. Went straight to a 350 and bypassed the whole mini thing.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so u think its safe for a 8 year old to handle a 500 plus pound quad?

I'm still alive, so is my friends little brother. If your kids got the know how and the proper skills, I don't see why he shouldn't ride one.

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that "know how" and "PROPER skills" comes from experience, not learning on a 500# machine at 8 years old or younger. believe me you will think different when you are a father. a lot of things can go very wrong very fast with a big machine.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that "know how" and "PROPER skills" comes from experience, not learning on a 500# machine at 8 years old or younger. believe me you will think different when you are a father. a lot of things can go very wrong very fast with a big machine.

My know how and skills came from riding my Dad's Foreman400 while he was riding on the back making sure I knew how everything worked. We did this for a few months until I turned 8. Then I got my own 350.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
look at all the cases of kids riding adulkt quads and rolling and hurting or killing the kid anyone no matter how much traning u give them can have a accident even u. thats why they make small kids size quads. as a dad no way my 7 year old is allowed to take my quad for a spin and he has rode for 4 years,he has drove mine with me on it yes but never on his own.

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
look at all the cases of kids riding adulkt quads and rolling and hurting or killing the kid anyone no matter how much traning u give them can have a accident even u. thats why they make small kids size quads. as a dad no way my 7 year old is allowed to take my quad for a spin and he has rode for 4 years,he has drove mine with me on it yes but never on his own.

It's all personal opinion. Lots of times those accidents are caused by kids riding a quad for the very first time with zero seat time or training prior.

Yes, I'll admit I've had a few accidents with my 350 but at the same time I wouldn't doubt it if your kid has had a few spills either. Every sport has risks.

My friends little brother is 12 now and had his 350 for 3 years now. He's snapped his A-arms jumping it. He rides his 350 harder than most adults.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my son has had a few spills and has rolled his frist quad as he pandiced thank god he was on a PROPER SIZE QUAD or it would have killed him as it came down on top of him he also wears all the gear cheast protcter pants boots etc. had it been a full size quad it likely would have busted him up big time and he wasnt a new rider with no traning he had i would say probaly close to 100 hrs of ride time but things happen,but if someone wants to put their kid on a adult size quad and something happens i hope they can sleep at night.and as for the kid breaking the arms on a 350 jumping it what ie he jumping a 4x4? if so the ranchers are not made for that as prove it broke:nono:

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my son has had a few spills and has rolled his frist quad as he pandiced thank god he was on a PROPER SIZE QUAD or it would have killed him as it came down on top of him he also wears all the gear cheast protcter pants boots etc. had it been a full size quad it likely would have busted him up big time and he wasnt a new rider with no traning he had i would say probaly close to 100 hrs of ride time but things happen,but if someone wants to put their kid on a adult size quad and something happens i hope they can sleep at night.and as for the kid breaking the arms on a 350 jumping it what ie he jumping a 4x4? if so the ranchers are not made for that as prove it broke:nono:

I agree with proper safety gear. I rolled my 350 multiple times. I also cased a jump on my YFZ 450 (twice) and had it land on top of me. the second time broke my pinky finger.

And you can't not jump a quad. Sooner or later its gonna happen regardless of what your riding.

I don't care what the owners manual says, but people jump, drift, wheelie and sink their quads.

I'm not trying to start anything here about "proper sized quads" I'm just merely stating my own 2 cents. If you don't like it then don't get your kid a full sized quad.

Top Bottom