Getting on the "pot" wagon!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I wasn't knocking the future pot industry, just pointing out the similarities with alcohol. I think it is a good thing to legalize pot and have it come under government control. The point I am making is regarding the revenue vs the debits. Do you know what the debits are in Washington and Colorado? no you don't so you just jump on the band wagon and shoot down the post.

I know it will be no different than the overall cost of selling alcohol and/or tobacco. There are going to be costs involved. Is the implementation of marijuana going to be revenue neutral? Will it cost tax payers in the long run? Tobacco and alcohol have huge costs to the medical system. I have a feeling, so will marijuana.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Re: Getting on the "pot" wagon!

I agree with the smoking points.... Smoking anything is bad, the 25 years I spent smoking will likely be what kills me.

With the evolution of the industry there are and will continue to be new ways to consume. THC pills & oils are available, Tinley Beverage Company offers THC infused drinks, Nutritional High International offers edibles (chocolates, candies brownies etc.) I'm not convinced that Vaping is any better than smoking but you can get THC vapor capsules..... etc. etc... it is a billion dollar industry which is in it's infancy.

Chit pot & hash brownies have been around forever.... No need to smoke it.....

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Have you thought that the reason TAXS are real high is because a lot of people are not paying any / or employing any one ...so the ones are who are paying / have to pay MORE !
WOW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really is amazing to me that you actually get people who believe this. If you honestly believe that the reason our taxes are high is because a few drug dealers are not paying taxes you have something coming to you. They are still paying taxes on any goods and services they buy, you are really only losing out on the income taxes. The amount lost from these people is minuscule in comparison to the amount of taxes lost due to tax evasion among the wealthiest 1%.

That being said, I am all for them legalizing it and at least getting some revenue out of it. Why not? Ask anyone who actually uses, if they want pot, they are going to find it plain and simple. At least this way we can regulate it and get rid of the stigma attached. The worst part about our system now is the fact that most "dealers" don't just sell pot and don't care who they are selling it to. Back in high school it was always easier to get pot than it was booze. I'd be happy to spend twice the amount if someone could guarantee that its quality, and know that I am not going to be robbed leaving.

Inevitably we will always have the "What about the children" people that will oppose it, but just wait till their children are getting brand new schools and updated education systems from their revenue. Or as Fernie puts it, at least offset the cost that it brings currently to our medical system.

#endrant

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People need to stop comparing smoking cannabis to smoking cigarettes. They are worlds apart.

#letsgochamp

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am pro the idea for medical use either smoking or using oils.

As for recreational use it would be saver than the chit they mix into illegal drugs now.

Sure a big rush of use would happen like a kid turning 18 and in the bar.

But that to will pass. As I said before we deal with both alcohol abuse and people who smoke pot. Pot smokers are nicer to deal with.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It really is amazing to me that you actually get people who believe this. If you honestly believe that the reason our taxes are high is because a few drug dealers are not paying taxes you have something coming to you. They are still paying taxes on any goods and services they buy, you are really only losing out on the income taxes. The amount lost from these people is minuscule in comparison to the amount of taxes lost due to tax evasion among the wealthiest 1%.

That being said, I am all for them legalizing it and at least getting some revenue out of it. Why not? Ask anyone who actually uses, if they want pot, they are going to find it plain and simple. At least this way we can regulate it and get rid of the stigma attached. The worst part about our system now is the fact that most "dealers" don't just sell pot and don't care who they are selling it to. Back in high school it was always easier to get pot than it was booze. I'd be happy to spend twice the amount if someone could guarantee that its quality, and know that I am not going to be robbed leaving.

Inevitably we will always have the "What about the children" people that will oppose it, but just wait till their children are getting brand new schools and updated education systems from their revenue. Or as Fernie puts it, at least offset the cost that it brings currently to our medical system.

#endrant
Please read more carefully , I did not say our TAXS are high specifically because of tax evasion from drug dealers / growers ...
my point is they should be paying TAXS .
Not to mention the 1% wealthiest people in the world employs lots & I means lots of people . Guess what , all those people pay TAXS on their income ....

anyways , I really don't care wether they legalize it or they don't ....
If it is legalized , who's to say the local growers wont undercut the prices at a legal operation ? Easy to do when you have no overhead such as / income tax /wcb/healthcare/ EI/ buisness insurance / advertising/employee benifits / Heath and dental plans / etc etc....

Well it appears there are more costs to operating a business than income tax ...lmao !

Last edited:

slowride420

Reaction score
Not hard to spot a pot smoker who has been using it for a few years....you stick out like a soar thumb ....not pretty.
That's a laughable statement to say the least, I personally know a handful of guys/gals that you would never know by their appearance blaze regularly, successfull people who just like to relax a different way than you!! Not fair to paint all stoners with the same brush!! Some might say we(SnMers) are all just throttle junkies with a deathwish who start forest fires and drive sh1tfaced everywhere, would that be an accurate description for ANY one person on here, well maybe a few, lol
your in or your in the way!!

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You ever notice how nice and friendly those bank tellers are, if you see them smiling at you it is not a good thing. Did you know that they can type notice across their screens to each other? Did you also know they can spot a pot smoker come in without even looking up. Man they are better than me. But I know all the pot house in my subdivision and I can also narrow down which car is smoking pot to. Just a quick question, once you get your kids hooked on pot, how are they going to support their habits? It cost a lot to smoke this stuff, also the American lung association does not support the view this does no damage their are 50 plus carcinogens in cannabis. Even reading some of post on here you can tell something is not right.

Last edited:

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Please read more carefully , I did not say our TAXS are high specifically because of tax evasion from drug dealers / growers ...
my point is they should be paying TAXS .
Not to mention the 1% wealthiest people in the world employs lots & I means lots of people . Guess what , all those people pay TAXS on their income ....

anyways , I really don't care wether they legalize it or they don't ....
If it is legalized , who's to say the local growers wont undercut the prices at a legal operation ? Easy to do when you have no overhead such as / income tax /wcb/healthcare/ EI/ buisness insurance / advertising/employee benifits / Heath and dental plans / etc etc....

Well it appears there are more costs to operating a business than income tax ...lmao !

I am not sure if you are being serious or just trolling. But what the hell i'm 3 beers deep. Not sure what "TAXS" are but i'll give it a whirl.

I agree that all people selling products should be paying taxes. But in order to pay taxes they have to have a legalized system. How much sense would it make for drug dealers to hand in a percentage of their income that was made from doing something prohibited by law? It doesn't make sense, they would be instantly targetted.

As for the top 1%, what you are not understanding is the top 1% of the world pay on average almost half of the total taxes. With that being said, if you were giving away millions a year in taxes, do you not think you would find loopholes not to pay? Off shore accounts anyone? That's exactly what happens in our systems.

Now when you look at things in a big picture, the lower income individuals (elderly, students, working poor etc) actually pay very little taxes in the grand scheme of things. They get a most of their income taxes back from the government because the cost of living is so high in comparison to what they make, which leaves very little to go around for a socialized economy. How often do you hear extremely wealthy people voting liberal?

As for the prices of it, I don't really think it matters what the prices will be. Most people who want to get pot would much rather walk into a store, have a good selection and buy what they are looking for and be done with it. If you are wanting something cheap, you would buy one strain, if you want a premium you would buy another, just like we could buy Boxer or Big Rock etc.

The whole "it could be undercut" is really an invalid argument. People made this same comment about making their own alcohol before prohibition. Since then how many times have you went out to buy moonshine to save some cash in your life? You dont.

There are still costs to running a business, yes, but the average consumer will pay more for convenience and security and will go on with their life. Legalize the **** and at least make some money. The End. Now 4 beers deep... lol

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I take it you don't own your own business.... Lol

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in many different boats when younger, 37 I quit the puff and at 40 shut the door on the pales.

Been living life full sober at "my" choosing as the sun shines the brightest and my pumpkin deals with life's dealings head on.

Each person's chooses what works for them in their life time. Nothing wrong with how we "each" choose too get from point A too B.

I for one will get there free of, the extra funds I save for traveling the Americas.

Sun shines brightest when nothing that holds one back.
Dolly Lamba if I recall.

This is a IMO only, and what works for me as I walk in my shoes only.

Others do what they choose.

Always Pal Lem no matter what humans choose at living life full with tools if needed.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

tks and I agree. as much as I would like to retire and live off the system my morals won't let me go there and you are right there to a certain degree as I also know guys who use it daily for rec use but are very successful in life and do contribute to society. We have to remember not all pot smokers are bums. I know alcoholics that can fit that profile as well. Take all kinds to make the world go around I guess.
Hey question, my wife sells cannabis medical pills

Doesn't have thc but all the other stuff

Mabe I should send ya some info, she can't keep the stuff in stock, selling like crazy

sent while drinking tea's

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We started with the dog stuff as our puppy now grown dog has hip displacia

After 3 days on it you would never know she has it

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hey question, my wife sells cannabis medical pills

Doesn't have thc but all the other stuff

Mabe I should send ya some info, she can't keep the stuff in stock, selling like crazy

Tks Jeff!! That might be worth a try. I will text u tomorrow.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Read your post back to yourself. Does it not sound like a man with a grade 6 education trying to sound smart? So many grammatical errors and sentences that don't make sense. Whats your excuse? Clearly you, the saint, are not stoned, so you must be just plain stupid. Not enough dope in the world to make me that dumb lmao. As for cost.......... if you think pot is crazy expensive I feel sorry for you, clearly you are the working poor. Costs less than a case of beer a week, I think I'll manage. I make 6 figures and work half the year and get 7 weeks paid vacation and have since I was 21, 11 years, and I'm sure my child will do the same. Are you in fact the guy from the anti pot propaganda videos from the 50's? If so good for you, at your age using a computer is a major accomplishment.

You ever notice how nice and friendly those bank tellers are, if you see them smiling at you it is not a good thing. Did you know that they can type notice across their screens to each other? Did you also know they can spot a pot smoker come in without even looking up. Man they are better than me. But I know all the pot house in my subdivision and I can also narrow down which car is smoking pot to. Just a quick question, once you get your kids hooked on pot, how are they going to support their habits? It cost a lot to smoke this stuff, also the American lung association does not support the view this does no damage their are 50 plus carcinogens in cannabis. Even reading some of post on here you can tell something is not right.

Last edited:

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Lol.

#letsgochamp

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom