Getting old must suck

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
So today I was standing in my drive way when the garage door across the street starts to open. I then hear a loud crunch. The 75 year old guy never let the door open all the way and backed his spanking new minivan into the door. He bent the hell out of the bottom panel and the weather strip went flying. He got out to inspect the damage, open the door again because it was stuck on his van. He backed out and the door closed to a foot from the bottom, stopped and went back up to half way and stopped there. He sat in his van for two seconds and was like "@#&* it" and drove away with the door stuck half open. I almost peed my pants laughing.

cancritter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So today I was standing in my drive way when the garage door across the street starts to open. I then hear a loud crunch. The 75 year old guy never let the door open all the way and backed his spanking new minivan into the door. He bent the hell out of the bottom panel and the weather strip went flying. He got out to inspect the damage, open the door again because it was stuck on his van. He backed out and the door closed to a foot from the bottom, stopped and went back up to half way and stopped there. He sat in his van for two seconds and was like "@#&* it" and drove away with the door stuck half open. I almost peed my pants laughing.

your turn will come not to worry.....

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Instead of laughing I would have gone over and ripped off some **** from his garage, kick the old bugger while he's down :rolleyes: (insert sarcasm)

Last edited:

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your turn will come not to worry.....

Well now......lemme tell ya a little story about garage doors and old guys!

Ken face 002 15.JPG

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just an fyi.
a lot more people die at 18 than at 75

Last edited:

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
I was going to help. I was at the end of my drive way and he seen me. I think he was embarrassed and wanted to get out of there. When he left with the door open is when I started laughing. I looked at his door 10 minutes later and it was closed. My guess was he went around the block and when I was gone he came back and closed the door.

And I know what getting old is about. Growing up on a farm I got to witness my grandfather get cultivators buried in sloughs, take out fences and many other mishaps. If nobody gets hurt all you can do is laugh about it while you fix it. It will happen to me. Just thought it was funny because other than some paint, steel and a red face it was not that bad.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's getting old got to do with it? These things happen to people of all ages. Probably more so to the young than the old.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It does suck......

and what doo you know about getting old??????

I have a crooked garage door also. It didn't go up all the way when it stopped and while backing out the headache rack hit it. Not a big deal, as I have enough experience to be able to fix those kind of blunders....:d

If I wasn't old, I wouldn't have the experience.......hehehehehe

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
and what doo you know about getting old?????? I said old not ancient

I have a crooked garage door also. It didn't go up all the way when it stopped and while backing out the headache rack hit it. Not a big deal, as I have enough experience to be able to fix those kind of blunders....:d

If I wasn't old, I wouldn't have the experience.......hehehehehe

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe the right thing to do rather than laugh at him would have been to offer an older fella assistance. Jack ass.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe the right thing to do rather than laugh at him would have been to offer an older fella assistance. Jack ass.
Almost positive if the situation was reversed the "old fella" would have told all his long ball friends about the "stupid kids these days"......lighten up.....

Top Bottom