Getting close kx450f turbo

goodtogo

Reaction score
Fabricating is done ,just got to blow it apart and finish the small stuff then back together and off to slay some pow

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 680
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 698
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 679
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 695

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice work! How much boost are you going to run and what fuel controller?

goodtogo

Reaction score
Thanks,I am shooting for 10 pounds but want to run avgas so I will keep an eye on detonation so might be lower don't know yet kind of in the unknown I know Allan from TS ran his at 10 pounds with no issues , running a boost it xic for control

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right on.. Ya Im leary of what these small motors can handle? My nytro worked awesome 16-18 pounds boost.. The boost it box should work great! What size turbo are you using? i might have to fab up a kit as well lol..

goodtogo

Reaction score
Running a garrett gt2056, I am think it should be okay there is lots of guys on sand and now snow running turboed one lungers if your interested if you want to come ride Prince George area you can take her for a rip and see for your self before ya invest a bunch of cash

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome looking unit

Just curious why you built your own kit vs. buying a boondocker or TSS? Was there something you didnt like about thier kit or was it just the cost? Can I ask how much you have into building your own kit?

goodtogo

Reaction score
I have never really liked boondocker stuff i had some of there stuff in the past , as for TSS I ordered my parts before I knew TSS was into snowbikes that would be my first pick, I had a bunch of spare time on my hands and my buddy wanted one built to so I am building 2 kits for now, the cost don't know yet haven't totalled it up yet but it's close to half of the price of the boondocker kit

Last edited:

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds good be nice too try it out..Ive only ridden my bike 3 days and was a blast with boost will only get better long as the reliability is there.. My yz doesnt look to bad to pipe/fit everything up and make up a airbox/intercooler to fit..

whopper809

Reaction score
Looks Like very clean fab job. Looking forward to your report on the ride and hopefully some video to see it rip and hear the sound it's producing. :D I would think 6-8psi of boost will be really safe. Hell..... If they even make 85-95HP turbo'd, they are going to go places vs the stock HP on the mountain which still gets a guy around pretty good . No need to go to the max and stress the motor right out.

Last edited:

goodtogo

Reaction score
Sounds good be nice too try it out..Ive only ridden my bike 3 days and was a blast with boost will only get better long as the reliability is there.. My yz doesnt look to bad to pipe/fit everything up and make up a airbox/intercooler to fit..

Anytime bring your bike I can take ya out to some local riding areas for the weekend

goodtogo

Reaction score
Looks Like very clean fab job. Looking forward to your report on the ride and hopefully some video to see it rip and hear the sound it's producing. :D

Thanks once I get the polish, paint, new plastics and wrap is done it should look good, I will post up video once I get her rolling

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how long do you think the motor will last? Man I wanna try one of these,I can see myself never gettin back on my sled again..

goodtogo

Reaction score
how long do you think the motor will last? Man I wanna try one of these,I can see myself never gettin back on my sled again..

Theres lots of guys that ran them last year and no problems even if ya got to rip the motor out every year its 500 for a complete crank and 150 for a piston we will have 2 turbo bikes in r group but might grow to 4 we should have a really good idea if it works by the end of the season and yes I ended up selling my sled last season after 10 rides on the bike

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What light bar is that? Any chance you can tell me how far apart the mounting bolts are im looking for a certian size that will fit my sled

goodtogo

Reaction score
Finally got her out did some quick tuning on the lake and these bikes love boost, it will pull all 5 gears in the powder ( Its also geared it up 1 tooth on the motor and down one on the timber ) I will take it back out this week to finish tuning once she is checked over

Top Bottom