Get Out Of Our Riding Area

CTWilly

Reaction score
Come around a corner and seen about 12-15 of these things standing around. Told them to get the hell out of our riding area but they would'nt listen. I guess they do exist. 23 years of riding and first time of ever seen any.

april13017.jpg

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come around a corner and seen about 12-15 of these things standing around. Told them to get the hell out of our riding area but they would'nt listen. I guess they do exist. 23 years of riding and first time of ever seen any.

april13017.jpg

wow!! Thanks for the pic. I've never seen them when we've ben out riding, but I think we have 18 of them on our Salmo Creston pass.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I hate seeing these posts... You do know that there are greenies on here that are now wanting to know exactly where your favorite riding area is :eek: you might be looking for a new riding area next year :rolleyes:

CTWilly

Reaction score
I hate seeing these posts... You do know that there are greenies on here that are now wanting to know exactly where your favorite riding area is :eek: you might be looking for a new riding area next year :rolleyes:

It was while leaving parking lot from a riding area. Of course i'm not gonna post where, pic was takin from my truck on a hwy. But I understand what your saying, they cant shut down a hwy. Maybe the greenies should get off of welfare and concentrate on getting jobs. By the looks of them anyways.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haaa haa! Is that the Leadville and Salmo Creston herds? or Just salmo creston?

They group all Salmo Creston animals together and call them the South Selkirk herd. New census for this year has probably been done, but I haven't seen it yet. Leadville side they call the South Purcell herd.....has 15 animals as of last year.

Why can't I forget this stuff! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They group all Salmo Creston animals together and call them the South Selkirk herd. New census for this year has probably been done, but I haven't seen it yet. Leadville side they call the South Purcell herd.....has 15 animals as of last year.

Why can't I forget this stuff! :rolleyes:

lol Moyiesledhead. You are the caribou yoda. Thank you for the scoop!!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess the caribou population is declining from grizzly bears. One of the reasons for the extra grizzly draws this season

If they want to protect the caribou why don't they just close the area to Grizzlies? Seem to work well with sledders.....just sayin'. :confused:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We saw 2 of them in revy a few weeks ago first time I've ever seen them

CTWilly

Reaction score
you should know better than to ride in a park willy:nono:

those are jasper caribou i see them every time i go through there:beer:

Holy crap! These guys sure travel than. Jasper is 375km's east of PG. I was riding about 200km's south of P.G. There is quite a few areas around here and where I was riding that are closed for caribou habitat but I was'nt near any of those spots.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess the caribou population is declining from grizzly bears. One of the reasons for the extra grizzly draws this season

Grizzlies, wolves, & cougars are eating them. Funny how snowmobiles had nothing to do with the population decline, yet we're the only ones they're doing something about. :rolleyes:

CTWilly

Reaction score
Grizzlies, wolves, & cougars are eating them. Funny how snowmobiles had nothing to do with the population decline, yet we're the only ones they're doing something about. :rolleyes:

I was told that the trails that we create with our sleds is making it alot easier for the wolves to stay up on top of the snow. In turn that makes it easier to run them down. Was also told by a local guide that since sleds have found different bowls that the grizzlies are no longer in those certain bowls anymore. Funny thing is, this certain guide/outfitter thinks it's ok to ride and take guys in to these closed areas.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any credible biologist (I've discussed this with many) will tell you a wolf or cougar isn't going to leave the smorgasbord of ungulates at lower elevation to go follow a snowmobile trail looking for a Caribou at higher elevation. They're opportunistic feeders. The fact is Caribou aren't dying in the winter. They get eaten in the spring and fall when they migrate to/from lower elevations and end up in the same areas as deer/elk/moose where the wolves/cougars are, and always were, hanging out.

Quick, somebody slap me! I was trying to forget all this useless information!:d

Top Bottom