Gearing for 3 inch

JBEST103

Reaction score
Putting a 3 inch track on the turbo this summer. Sled is a 2011 summit 800x etec 163 with the trask turbo kit. Does anyone have experience with a 3 inch track xp? Is the stock gearing any good for this set up? Thanks in advance.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Putting a 3 inch track on the turbo this summer. Sled is a 2011 summit 800x etec 163 with the trask turbo kit. Does anyone have experience with a 3 inch track xp? Is the stock gearing any good for this set up? Thanks in advance.

We ran one all year with a BB+nitrous & 7tooth setup. We just left the gearing stock and just changed turned the helix slightly. Given your power levels.... i would not be concerned. 7tooth reduction really compensates alot. If your doing the extended case setup, look into a hyvo setup from avid, and there is really only one selection of gears to get.

i will be personnally putting a 3" on mine as well, will probably leave the gearing stock.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been running a three inch for three seasons, 8 tooth drivers and stock RT gearing on a big bored RT, Will see how much my gearing changes once I get my turbo figured out.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was told to drop a tooth on the top if your gonna run the stock chaincase and 7tooth drivers
But his is turboed, Scott. I would think you wont have to change the gearing at all if you are running a turbo with a 3". Just the drivers so that the track will have some clearance.

JBEST103

Reaction score
Hey guys i will be running the 7 tooth drivers to clear the 3 inch track. Pushing 10-12 pounds so im not too sure on the hp rating. Will try out the stock gearing sounds like it does fairly well for guys.

Top Bottom