Gear ratios

crts_lmbrt6

Reaction score
Hey guys I was wondering what the best gear ratio would be for the 800 with a head and can would be. I'm ordering the C3 belt drive for my 2012 and I was just wondering if I would be able to get a little bit more out of the sled if I changed from the stock ratio.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your a heavy guy that only rides in the hills gearing down a little more works pretty good, however I have no idea how much efficiency you pick up with the belt drive, you may not need it. My theory is if I am getting 50mph track speed and I'm geared for 80 MPH gearing down a little won't hurt at all. Helps the belt and clutches run that much cooler.

crts_lmbrt6

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice I'm only a little guy but I tried gearing down last year and I didn't notice a big enough difference to change the gear ratio this time

Reactions: cs5

Honda619

Reaction score
I was told by my Polaris dealer that if i dropped a couple of teeth on my gearing on my 12 Pro 800 would benifit the sled for tree riding. Has anyone done this and is it worth it? If so drop 1 or 2 teeth? Should I do any clutching changes? Any input is appreciated.

If your a heavy guy that only rides in the hills gearing down a little more works pretty good, however I have no idea how much efficiency you pick up with the belt drive, you may not need it. My theory is if I am getting 50mph track speed and I'm geared for 80 MPH gearing down a little won't hurt at all. Helps the belt and clutches run that much cooler.

Top Bottom