Gate on bighorn dam will RZR XP900 fit?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok I've been trying to figure out where this famed big horn is. From what Google told me it's out by The Clearwater and Rig Street Road. Or am i way off?

West of Rocky Mountain House.

Great place.

country_shorty88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so cant wait to go out there again this summer between that and ruby falls im so ready for summer

oldman

Reaction score
First off nice pictures guy's, must have been a off weekend no one there.
Last time we were there looked like a little town. Nice place I will admit looking forward to being there again.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Bighorn Backcountry Brouchure defines an ohv as such:
* a curb weight of 1300 lbs or less
* tire pressure of 16 lbs or less
*wheelbase of 73 inches or less
*width of 70 inches or less

Wouldn't all the sxs's be over the wheelbase requirement and several over weight?

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stupid Question........ Is this the Big Horns Im thinking of in Wyoming or is this somewhere in Canada? Just want to makes sure Im thinking of the right place and you guys arent talking bout somewhere else.

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what's big horn like on may long? some of my crew wants to go there but i would think there would be too much snow left.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Have a look at the Big Horn ATV society they do an awesome job stewarding the trails in the area $25 a year to join and help keep trails open

Kelzon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stupid Question........ Is this the Big Horns Im thinking of in Wyoming or is this somewhere in Canada? Just want to makes sure Im thinking of the right place and you guys arent talking bout somewhere else.

No stupid questions, thats how we learn. :) The Big Horn Dam Area is in Alberta Canada west of Rocky Mountian House. Hope this helps you.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No stupid questions, thats how we learn. :) The Big Horn Dam Area is in Alberta Canada west of Rocky Mountian House. Hope this helps you.

yeah thanks for clearing that up. My uncle goes to the bighorns in wyoming to snowmobile in the winter and thats why I was wondering. Thanks again

shan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never been to Big Horn, but after looking at the pictures i wanna go

where's spring???? :rant:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bighorn is never of topic, has to be one of the most beutiful spots to ride in North America, we are very forunate to have it.....

I agree 100%. It's only 2 hours from my doorstep, and after being there for the first time last year, we sold all of our mud toys, and bought trail machines...we don't plan on riding anywhere else. My only gripe is all the inconsiderate azzholes that leave their garbage laying around. Same ol' story, big brother is watching, hopefully he doesn't shut it down because of it.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree 100%. It's only 2 hours from my doorstep, and after being there for the first time last year, we sold all of our mud toys, and bought trail machines...we don't plan on riding anywhere else. My only gripe is all the inconsiderate azzholes that leave their garbage laying around. Same ol' story, big brother is watching, hopefully he doesn't shut it down because of it.

Let me know when you're heading down that way, we'll come join ya!

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is an area that must be treated with the utmost respect..the bighorn society are older retired folk that give their all for the upkeep of the trails..if one gets washed out they will close it and go in and fix it..they have installed culverts way up in the hills so rain don't damage the trails..the surrounding trails are incredible..just seeing the blue water make's for a great weekend..if this area gets too damaged all they gotta doo is throw a chain accross the entrance and it could be closed for everyone..we were there 2 years ago and they were talking about shuttin it down then,,so if you go there be nice to the terrain cuz some day i wanna go back..btw..it is the dustiest place on earth when its dry.

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Don't you guys mean.......
Bighorn is terrible .....
None of you guys would like it !!!!!
1)Camping there is aweful and NO SERVICES !!!
2)It's located in the middle of no where, it's just to far to travel too!!!
3)It could be dangerous there too, as there is lots of wild animals around !!!
4)Fish and Wildlife officers are patroling there ALL THE TIME !! Checking lic. and reg. ALL the time !!
5)And the noise from the dam. ANNOYING !!!
6) All those trails, way to many to pick from !!

There are many, many more reasons to NOT GO TO BIGHORN !!! :eek:

I go to BigHorn so to free-up spaces else where in the province. And I DON"T ENJOY IT THERE !!!

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
it is an area that must be treated with the utmost respect..the bighorn society are older retired folk that give their all for the upkeep of the trails..if one gets washed out they will close it and go in and fix it..they have installed culverts way up in the hills so rain don't damage the trails..the surrounding trails are incredible..just seeing the blue water make's for a great weekend..if this area gets too damaged all they gotta doo is throw a chain accross the entrance and it could be closed for everyone..we were there 2 years ago and they were talking about shuttin it down then,,so if you go there be nice to the terrain cuz some day i wanna go back..btw..it is the dustiest place on earth when its dry.

Yup well maintained if you looking for mud not to place to go ......you could cruise around trails on a golfcart most days

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4)Fish and Wildlife officers are patroling there ALL THE TIME !! Checking lic. and reg. ALL the time !!

I go to BigHorn so to free-up spaces else where in the province. And I DON"T ENJOY IT THERE !!!
o ya i forgot..keep away..you wont like it!..lights out at 9:00 pm and no noise allowed after 10:00pm..old peeps sleeping..shhhhhhhhhh

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me know when you're heading down that way, we'll come join ya!

For sure. I'm sorta thinking our first trip there will be after May Long...I'm sure there will still be snow up till then.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure how people took my comments, but this is exactly what I was implying.:d;) Just like those annoying cereal commercials...don't bother, you won't like it.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[media]http://www.guzer.com/pictures/keep_out.jpg[/media]
posted on first gate!!

Top Bottom