Garmin Updates on GPS

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I was wondering if i can update my GPS ( It is a Garmin 60Cx).I thought I could download updated road maps etc. to it ,Anyone know if this is possible?And i do have mapsource on it now but with new trails being built in the last couple years it seams to be outdated,,Thanks

amunro

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
go to garmin.com, both mapsource and web updater are free. Web updater sounds like the one you want though, if they have update the software or maps this will update you GPS

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Mike
Next time Im in Airdrie I will download discovery into your gps for ya,It is a much better program with cutlines and well heads,Oilpatch uses it,
Im due for a trip but may be a while!
catmando!

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Thanks Lyle ,That would be great , i am not having luck updating it,, I am not a computer wizard

badmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the webupdater thing, went to open it up.......now it says there is a problem whith discover canada, I should reinstall it and open mapsource again........tried that, still not working....WTF:realmad:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the webupdater thing, went to open it up.......now it says there is a problem whith discover canada, I should reinstall it and open mapsource again........tried that, still not working....WTF:realmad:
I have the same issue, loaded OilTrax NT into my mapsource and had to un-install Discover Canada west. seems that
Discover topo conflicts with NT supported maps. I ended up installing it onto 2 computers, one for my greyscale screened units, and on another computer for my Nuvi maps....:(

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey medler I'm in Airdrie and have the same GPS shoot me a pm and I think I might be able to help you!:beer:

Hi Mountainbigbull,
I live in Airdrie as well and was wondering if you could help me out with my GPS. Got a Garmin 60Cx for Christmas and have been reading lots on s&m about the different programs , etc. Would you have time to show me the basic's ?

Top Bottom