garmin rhino's

bryan_117

Reaction score
anyone out there have any of these rhino's? hows the range and battery life? i'm thinking about going with the 650. would i be better to go with the 655, or would the 610 be fine and what is the differance between them? thanks

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the best thing about the rino's is u always know where your riding partner is
or any body else that has a rino also you have to be invited
2 days with lithium bat
not sure on the range got mine from the states 5 watts
the655 would be nice has camera i got 650

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
depends where you are, the 655t comes loaded with the US maps, im in canada so i was looking for a 650 or 655t, i ended up buying a 655t for the price of the 650 so thats the way i went, in the US both the 650 and 655t are 5watt radios, the 610 i think is only 2watt you can check the garmin site, for a comparison of the radios, i have the maps so i just loaded them on the radio, you can put a mico SD card in and load maps from you computor or you can buy the maps on a micro card alread and just put it in, i never ride with out the radio, works great in the mountians and i run it on the flatland of Saskatchwan as well.

giddyup

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The battery will last the day riding no problem. If you get one from the states the radio has a better range.

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd stay away from the 610, i think it is only a 1 watt from what Discover GPS told me, and it doesnt have a expandible memory. I would also suggest ordering it from the states to get the 5 watt, all the Canadian versions are 2 watt.

bryan_117

Reaction score
thanks guys, looks like i'm gunna pick up the 650 from the states next time i'm down there. where would i find the maps for revy and area, or are they pre loaded?

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where abouts are you located, on the rino its loaded on a micro SD card, i think there are a few guys on the forum that have a bunch of waypoints for the cabins and stuff around revy that they posted, like doug said, do a few seaches

Top Bottom