Garmin GPSMAP 60 CSX

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone on the forum has this GPS? I wanted to know if it works well and does breadcrumb trailing. I think it does do breadcrumb trailing but the wording does not specifically say breadcrumb in the details.

•MicroSD card slot for storage of positional MapSource detail (sold separately), 64 MB microSD included
•LED backlit display & keypad
•Up to 30 hr. (60Cx), 20hr. (60CSx)
•Built-in America's Autoroute basemap with automatic routine capabilitiesincluding highways, exits & tide data (USA only)
•Internal memory is preloaded with a marine point database
•1000 user waypoints with name & graphic symbol, 50 reversible routes
•Position formats: Lat/Lon, UTM, Loran TDs, Maidenhead, MGRS, user grid
•Audible alarms: Anchor drag, arrival, off-course, proximate waypoint & clock
•Dual position display mode
•10,000 point automatic track log, 20 saved tracks with 500 points each
•Built-in celestial tables
•Waterproof (submersible 1 metre @ 30 min.)
•32 hours of battery life.

So I would imagine the line about 10,000 point auto track log is the breadcrumb feature but I want to confirm. I just want a GPS that will tell me exactly the way I get out of the bush and is like fool proof for getting lost.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone on the forum has this GPS? I wanted to know if it works well and does breadcrumb trailing. I think it does do breadcrumb trailing but the wording does not specifically say breadcrumb in the details.

•MicroSD card slot for storage of positional MapSource detail (sold separately), 64 MB microSD included
•LED backlit display & keypad
•Up to 30 hr. (60Cx), 20hr. (60CSx)
•Built-in America's Autoroute basemap with automatic routine capabilitiesincluding highways, exits & tide data (USA only)
•Internal memory is preloaded with a marine point database
•1000 user waypoints with name & graphic symbol, 50 reversible routes
•Position formats: Lat/Lon, UTM, Loran TDs, Maidenhead, MGRS, user grid
•Audible alarms: Anchor drag, arrival, off-course, proximate waypoint & clock
•Dual position display mode
•10,000 point automatic track log, 20 saved tracks with 500 points each
•Built-in celestial tables
•Waterproof (submersible 1 metre @ 30 min.)
•32 hours of battery life.

So I would imagine the line about 10,000 point auto track log is the breadcrumb feature but I want to confirm. I just want a GPS that will tell me exactly the way I get out of the bush and is like fool proof for getting lost.

I have that GPS. It works good for me. Now wish I got the model with the radio built in.

pjquad

Reaction score
I have a Garmin 60 CSX as well and does what you need it to do. Have Oilfield Mapping on mine, displays cutlines, land leases, powerlines, raillines, more water and stream displays. Works Good.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a great GPS. My bro and boss both have them and i just ordered one from GPS central in calgary on sale for $229. best price i could find.

Nighttrain

Reaction score
I have one of those also.I have the oil traxx for the oil leases as well as another sd card with all of Canada and nothern US mapping on it.I have traveled cross country twice with it.I use it every day for work also.I like mine.
Just my 2 cents

mike

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mines logged well over 10,000km mounted on the bars of my quad(s) and has yet to give me troubles, very reliable even in the elements it sees every ride - rain, snow, mud, dust, vibrations, etc.

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 60 cx and it works great. It maps out everywhere that you have been if you want it too, so you just follow the "breadcrumb" trail on the screen to find your way out. I suggest picking up an upgraded sd card for the type of use and where you want to use it. :d:beer::d

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feed back everyone, I will get this GPS soon :d

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the older model the 60(black and white) and it works very well. Set it on auto tracking and it shows you where you went. It work really well if you interface it with your computer.

Top Bottom