Garbage left behind at kakwa

caddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never reallt paid much attention before until it was recently brought up at a snowmobile meeting,but the BC parks fella mentioned about cigarette butts picked up at the cabin at Kakwa lake.They had picked up TWO 5 gallon pails of butts!That is ALOT of smokes.Ciggy butts are no different than anything else you bring in,if you can bring it in full it should be easier to bring out empty.I ride with guys who smoke and when they're done they tuck the butts into they're pockets and take them out at the trucks.you can buy all sorts of accesories but no ash trays on sleds.It is beautiful country we get to ride and it IS a priviledge to be in there so don't leave anything behind!:nono:

All4Traction

Reaction score
Glad you brought the cigarette thing up, because most people dont think about it, "its only one butt", but it accumulates without anyone even seeing it until the snow melts in the summer.

I gotta add that people should pack out their beer cans as well :nono:. Ive picked up literally garbage bags and garbage bags of cans from just along the groomed trail. It sure is gross and ruins the scene when I see that kinda stuff layin around. ESPECIALLY, when im hiking WAY in the backcountry for a week and come across garbage that i cant pack out.

Cleaner the better :d

stickman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:)
Never reallt paid much attention before until it was recently brought up at a snowmobile meeting,but the BC parks fella mentioned about cigarette butts picked up at the cabin at Kakwa lake.They had picked up TWO 5 gallon pails of butts!That is ALOT of smokes.Ciggy butts are no different than anything else you bring in,if you can bring it in full it should be easier to bring out empty.I ride with guys who smoke and when they're done they tuck the butts into they're pockets and take them out at the trucks.you can buy all sorts of accesories but no ash trays on sleds.It is beautiful country we get to ride and it IS a priviledge to be in there so don't leave anything behind!:nono:

Ditto, well said.

amunro

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Glad you brought the cigarette thing up, because most people dont think about it, "its only one butt", but it accumulates without anyone even seeing it until the snow melts in the summer.

I gotta add that people should pack out their beer cans as well :nono:. Ive picked up literally garbage bags and garbage bags of cans from just along the groomed trail. It sure is gross and ruins the scene when I see that kinda stuff layin around. ESPECIALLY, when im hiking WAY in the backcountry for a week and come across garbage that i cant pack out.

Cleaner the better :d

I AGREE
I drives me crazy going to some of the most beautiful places in the world (AB/BC IMO) and see cigarette butts laying all over the ground.

:nono:

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I AGREE
I drives me crazy going to some of the most beautiful places in the world (AB/BC IMO) and see cigarette butts laying all over the ground.

:nono:

Tim Horton's drive through also ( I feel it's a beautiful place also). Got out of the truck the other day and gave the kid ahead of me hell for tossing out a butt while waiting in line to order. He was shocked when I walked up to him in line.:d I wasn't very pleasant.:nono:

bsan1827

Reaction score
Tim Horton's drive through also ( I feel it's a beautiful place also). Got out of the truck the other day and gave the kid ahead of me hell for tossing out a butt while waiting in line to order. He was shocked when I walked up to him in line.:d I wasn't very pleasant.:nono:

That would be worth watching.

Big twin

Reaction score
Here's some pics from Friday and Tuesday at Kakwa.. Awesome days!!

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 113.jpg
    113.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 128.jpg
    128.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 59
  • 117.jpg
    117.jpg