Garage Package

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
nice, doc..... Where's that at..... Any pics of the inside? We've been playing with the idea of building one of those too.

That is out by Cougar Creek golf course on 3 acres. I'll see if I have inside pics.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my materials quote this evening and all I can say is WOW. That LBH place in St. Albert came in a lot lower than I even could have asked for. Truss's alone were 35% less than Totem. I thought there was something wrong with the quote but nope....all good. Even their delivery charge of $45 is a lot less than Totem.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
got my materials quote this evening and all i can say is wow. That lbh place in st. Albert came in a lot lower than i even could have asked for. Truss's alone were 35% less than totem. I thought there was something wrong with the quote but nope....all good. Even their delivery charge of $45 is a lot less than totem.

you building it yourself? If you need a hand, and i'm in town, i'll volunteer some time! That is a huge price difference....... 35%........this is a good informative post. Thanks all for contributing!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Ric.

I have someone doing the framing and roofing. Was going to do it myself but it's the age old story of "no time". Especially with the weather changing. I'll do the siding and all the inside work.

This has been a good post. Lots of good information from everyone. Has helped me ask a lot of the right questions.

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to Dave he just finished looking around for garage packages, so you and the warden finally settling down

polar sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey if anyone here builds i need a 30 x 50 x 12 or 14 build im looking for prices, get a hold of me , im looking at post a beam but not sure, price price price :cool:

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk to Dave he just finished looking around for garage packages, so you and the warden finally settling down

For sure i will have to pry info out of Dave this winter. Nothing serious with the warden yet. Grnboyz is settling down so it's time to move out and back too the farm and build something lol...:d:beer:

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used TGI joists for trusses, to gain cieling height. The girl drawing up my garage suggested them. Thinking you must need a ridge beam to tie into.
I was thinking that you probaly don't have to be very big SIF's to carry the load. But not sure how you would insulate/vent. As she said when they did it they spray foamed the roof so no need to vent.$$$$$$$$$ Cool idea though.

Last edited:

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For sure i will have to pry info out of Dave this winter. Nothing serious with the warden yet. Grnboyz is settling down so it's time to move out and back too the farm and build something lol...:d:beer:

Well guess there's another XP on the market

kamikaze cat

Reaction score
Has anyone used TGI joists for trusses, to gain cieling height. The girl drawing up my garage suggested them. Thinking you must need a ridge beam to tie into.
I was thinking that you probaly don't have to be very big SIF's to carry the load. But not sure how you would insulate/vent. As she said when they did it they spray foamed the roof so no need to vent.$$$$$$$$$ Cool idea though.

you still have to vent no matter what kind of insulation you use. with tgi's you use ridge venting which runs the length of the ridge. to insulate you need to run a 12" tgi which will take 2 peices of r20 @ 5 1/2" each I would probably strap it and tin it just to get a little more air space and yes you would need to run a ridge beam. jmo

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
check these out. these guys are in nelson bc and will deliver and set up. pretty sweet packages. carriageex1.jpg

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you still have to vent no matter what kind of insulation you use. with tgi's you use ridge venting which runs the length of the ridge. to insulate you need to run a 12" tgi which will take 2 peices of r20 @ 5 1/2" each I would probably strap it and tin it just to get a little more air space and yes you would need to run a ridge beam. jmo

The spray foam guys say you don't have to vent as there is no dead space!

I would probably strap it and tin it just to get a little more air space and yes you would need to run a ridge beam. jmo[/QUOTE]
Do you mean x straps "1x4" and tin roofing?

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no dead space but then you will get ice buildup on the roof if its not the same temperature outside

Thats what I thought, but I talked with Bowwood Hi-end home builder and they said they are doing most of thier valted roofs this way as thier just is not enough room for venting.

My roof "valted" on my house right now has a full lenth ridge vent2 layers of 2x6 pink, styrofoam vent troughs, eve card board thingys so the soffit air flows well to the ridge and I still have ice damming troubels.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time to start thinking about other stuff as the framing and sheeting will be done soon.

Things like what lights to use and where? How many plugs? Shelving and work benches. Storage for all the crap....paint cans, oil, lube sprays, grease guns, nuts, bolts, screws, sled parts and so on, and so on.

Some of the pics posted have been great and given me a few ideas.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
true. keep in mind you can never have to many outlets or to many lights in a garage aha

Totally the truth. I have 24 receptacles in the walls, 2 in the ceiling, and a 40' retractable cord hanging from the ceiling. I hate running extension cords. Electrical is cheap to do before the walls are finished.

Top Bottom