Garage door wont open????

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it flashing a code?? Found this on the internet....

# flashes - Problem
1-The Protector System wire open or totally misaligned
2-The Protector System wire shorted or black/white wire reversal
3-Door Control or Multi-Function control Panel wire shorted
4-IR sensor slightly misaligned (dim or flashing sensor LED)
5-Motor overheated/Possible RPM sensor failure -- unplug to reset
6-Motor circuit failure -- replace RX/LX board
Rapid-Chamberlain transmitter with the correct format code being received
(opener not necessarily programmed to respond)

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More info I found....

[h=2]Craftsman garage door opener no power to sensors
[/h]
what is this?

Posted by () on Tue, Apr 14, 09 at 9:20

I have a 1994 Craftsman garage door opener, chain drive, which will not close. When the wired remote is pushed, the lights flash.
I have replaced the old, corroded door sensors but that did not fix the problem. The green lights on the sensors do not light up. I checked the wires leading to the sensors and they both will conduct current. I checked the sensor contact screws on the unit with a multi-tester and get no reading.
Any suggestions on what to check next?

Follow-Up Postings:
[h=3] RE: Craftsman garage door opener no power to sensors
[/h]
what is this?

• Posted by () on Tue, Apr 14, 09 at 9:25

Make sure the wiring is connected correctly. One of the wires from each sensor has a black trace. These must be connected to terminal 3 and the two plain white wires connect to terminal 2. If this is not the problem I would suspect the logic board.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So now it's working. All I tried was pushing and holding the g-door opener button mounted in the garage and it worked. The sensor lights are back on. Then I left it for a while and it stopped working again. So again I held the button down until door closed/ open and all is good.

Guess ill see in the am if its still working. Something defiantly must be loose. I never did count how many times the light flickered for a code. Kind of interesting I'm sure ill get another chance.

I also did play a bit with the power levels for door opening and closing.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think if you hold the wired button, it over-rides the sensors... Don't quote me on that..

So now it's working. All I tried was pushing and holding the g-door opener button mounted in the garage and it worked. The sensor lights are back on. Then I left it for a while and it stopped working again. So again I held the button down until door closed/ open and all is good.

Guess ill see in the am if its still working. Something defiantly must be loose. I never did count how many times the light flickered for a code. Kind of interesting I'm sure ill get another chance.

I also did play a bit with the power levels for door opening and closing.

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think if you hold the wired button, it over-rides the sensors... Don't quote me on that..

Your probably right. Either way it got power back to the sensors for now!!

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are correct. Push and hold the button until the door is fully closed. That is what I have to do in order to close the door when the sun shines on the one sensor (like others have mentioned).

Frosty19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tying on to an old thread for a quick question.
One of my garage door sensor wires was chewed off at the housing so I am looking for a new one to wire in. Does any brand work with any opener? Anyone know of anywhere to get a good deal on them?

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Tying on to an old thread for a quick question.
One of my garage door sensor wires was chewed off at the housing so I am looking for a new one to wire in. Does any brand work with any opener? Anyone know of anywhere to get a good deal on them?

Carefully use a dremel tool and cut the case open. All 4 sides.
Re attach (solder) wires to the sensor and glue gun the case back together.

Top Bottom