furnace issue

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
gf, just said she thinking its kinda makin her eyes burn.....going to call stoney propane tomorrow and see if they do inspections, they are great to deal with....if not we will call someone in. i'm out of town untill friday and she's not wanting to wait untill i come home

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P.S. thoughs that want new furnaces, hot water tanks, and air conditioning..... maybe shop heaters/ garage heaters..... i will be coming back home to do a bunch. let me know if you want something......stony spruce area.... great price, and warranty.....:d

Bill Daley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You said you had them cleaned.Could it be something they left in them causing it?I have a Colman downdraft in a 46 ft park model and at first when the cold weather starts you can snell the dampness for a bit but it leaves after a short time.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gf, just said she thinking its kinda makin her eyes burn.....

she needs to not stay there then.... J.M.O.

that makes me think that thats flue gas, something with the B-vent or heat exchanger

Last edited:

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
gf, just said she thinking its kinda makin her eyes burn.....going to call stoney propane tomorrow and see if they do inspections, they are great to deal with....if not we will call someone in. i'm out of town untill friday and she's not wanting to wait untill i come home

... Makes her eyes burn.... maybe your combustion air is restricted or your stack has blockage .. Check your fire.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
cleaning was about a month ago though, been through -30 since then with no smell....

the gf is going to go through the place and pull all the vents off when the furnace isnt running and see if any of them are giving a cold draft when its not pushing air or giving off a smell, then she's going to check them all for flow when its blowing to see if one isnt pushing like it should, i will have to check the chimney when i get home if she hasnt called someone to go look by then....

thanks for all the info guys, much appreciated :beer:

funrider

Reaction score
can your gf take a pic of the front without the covers on and email it to you so you can post it

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
what am i checking for? lol

Is your fire lazy & more orange. When U take the front cover off can you feel cool air near the top of your unit, U should have a spout above your blower.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
correct me if i am wrong.... i think what mike is trying to say to you is does the flame change color and gets bigger or change when you remove the furnace combustion cover. this being it is getting more combustion air.

Last edited:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i cant check the flame with the cover on though have to take it off to lift the door to see inside, the flame is more orange than blue when running, gf says she can feel a cold draft when its blowing but no when its not....atleast i think thats what she said......here are pics of the old POS

thinking about the chimney thing, i really have to take a look at it, gf said she put bounce sheets in the vents to block the smell and the ones closest to the furnace and blackish....i'm guessing soot beings propane burns a little dirtier

Attachments

• IMG_1433.jpg
    IMG_1433.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1434.jpg
    IMG_1434.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1435.jpg
    IMG_1435.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1436.jpg
    IMG_1436.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1437.jpg
    IMG_1437.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 92

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
If she feels a cool draft when running & not when blower is off... combustion air intake is working fine. I would check the stack as you maybe restricted on the exhaust side. Could you have one your buds check the roof top exhaust port for her ?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
P.S. thoughs that want new furnaces, hot water tanks, and air conditioning..... maybe shop heaters/ garage heaters..... i will be coming back home to do a bunch. let me know if you want something......stony spruce area.... great price, and warranty.....:d

Let me know Neil... I need new Furnace & HW tank install (I already have the tank)

And chris if Kaz is worried at all she can come crash over here...

Top Bottom