Funny words in the Motorsports Industry

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few words that caught me off guard as I became more oriented in the parts Department at Main Jet.
I try to be helpful, so I've been learning alot when I fill in for the parts guys at lunchtime or when they are on holidays.
I wasn't, however prepared for a few words.

"Is my petcock here"...

"I need a small snatchblock.. a big one is useless, only a small snatchblock will do"

Allballs bearings

and my favorite.... Muff pot..

do you have words that require you to keep a straight face, yet your demented mind causes you to laugh until you snort and make a complete fool of yourself?... (the petcock and snatchblock made me do just that, knocking me out of the running for employee of the month"

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every parts runner i have ever had i send them to Napa for chrome lightbulbs, return brake drums for a core, good old muffler bearings and to the rental store for a sawdust pump......... go through allot of parts girls lol!

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every parts runner i have ever had i send them to Napa for chrome lightbulbs, return brake drums for a core, good old muffler bearings and to the rental store for a sawdust pump......... go through allot of parts girls lol!

you forgot water cooled muffler bearings ,compartment manifold,plywood strecher,spotted paint and a sky hook

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to try to get the tool cribe guy all worked up in school.....I would ask for a left handed flat screw driver or a can of plaid paint....or get him to order a rad cab for a 71 VW bug with a 1.6 l duel port.........one day I asked him for a metric crescent wrench.......he came back with a "30 centimeter" crescent wrench.........he got me! lol.......oh and for muffler bearings.......89-91 ford super coupe has a 2 inch spinning fan blade in the exhaust pipe that has bearings.......I got busted on that one also!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not so much in the motorsports industry but in my line of work I find myself pulling out my Horsecock once in a while...hahaha. There is a few people here that will know what that is.

I can't even explain how hard I'm laughing right now.. good for you! and Mrs. Sum!! wooweeeeeeeeee!

hypnotoad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol Horse cock= fifth wheel pin

no it's not

and just a FYI horsecock is not it's actual technical name, so googling it probably wasn't the smartest idea

it's insulated tubing

pre-insulated%20tubing.jpg

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what did you really think you were going to get pictures of, you typed horsecock into google

I typed the word TOOL first thinking a horsecock was a tool........ ya.. still not a good idea..

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
The horsecock I use is a large chunk of steel with a lifting hook on one end. It is used to hang wireline sheaves from the rig blocks or picker trucks. Rig crews also use a horsecock for lifting their BOP's on to a well bore via rig blocks.

Top Bottom