Fun in the trees.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Frame-03-01-2016-08-07-25.jpg

Frame-03-01-2016-08-07-42.jpg

Frame-03-01-2016-08-07-55.jpg

Fernie today in the untracked steeper trees................HeeHaw!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hey, I'm just the camera operator! Bev would doo that stuff but not in the tight trees!

When the Flatlanders come out to the mountains it is fun to watch. When the serious ditch banger types from the prairies are brought into the trees and ravines/gullies, it makes for great pictures.

These dudes were shown 4 days of excellent riding in Fernie and Elkford. Challenging lines in the trees and even a "wheelie heaven" with good pow and a serpentine creek course.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I can't beleve you found untouched snow anywhere...it's like there is people everywhere now a days.

It is getting tougher to find alright! We had 3-4" on the 7th of December and that has been our last significant snowfall. A couple inches through Christmas in some areas, but one has to get into the tighter trees and steeper areas for the masses to be too scared of the challenge. Anything that is flat and has easy accessibility has been rode hard.

jlk10

Reaction score
Looks awesome Doug! Hopefully you get a foot or 2 before the Elrose crew gets there on the 18th. We got lucky last year maybe we will this year too!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Looks awesome Doug! Hopefully you get a foot or 2 before the Elrose crew gets there on the 18th. We got lucky last year maybe we will this year too!

I'm crossing my fingers and dancing. Been pretty non-existent with the snowfall since the beginning of December and it is getting tracked out pretty well all over. If we get a good dump, a lot of the riders won't be able to get into the trees and it will be good again.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Visibility was not good today..................foggy and flat but the trees were sweet once again. Creeks some how like to move around and poke out where least expected :confused:

I still haven't got the skis off the snow yet Travis........but they were a friggin' long way down :dunno:

IMG_3925.jpg

and a view from the top compliments of bopper.......

IMG_3967.jpg

Last edited:

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Visibility was not good today..................foggy and flat but the trees were sweet once again. Creeks some how like to move around and poke out where least expected :confused:

I still haven't got the skis off the snow yet Travis........but they were a friggin' long way down :dunno:

View attachment 193128
Yikes Doug that is a good one! Did you go over the bars?

Top Bottom