Fuel/oil mixture ratio

Canadian_bacon

Reaction score
Hey all,

i just rebuilt my sons '89 Polaris long track 440 engine. The oil pump has been removed so I didn't install another one. Just wondering on what a good fuel/oil mixture is for the first tank of fuel though it. I'm thinking 32:1 should be good but wondering if that's too lean for the initial run. Any other opinions? Thanks.

thanks All, I found in the manual that for premix engines, the first rank of fuel is 20:1 and after break in the ratio is 40:1. I know this machine was originally oil injected but I think I'll use these ratios. Thanks for all the replays.

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I would add a little more for the first tank or two. I can't remember what we used to do but for general running I thought we used 32:1. I might be out to lunch but it was many years ago.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Spray generous amount of oil down spark plug holes, then if you can into the throttle bodies. Fire it up with 32:1 mixture in the tank, and drove it like you stole it

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy 2-25 litre gas cans and add 500ml (half litre) of 2 stroke snowmobile oil for each one is the most easy way to do it

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure that's what I did for the first 2 tanks of break in on the axys. Says to do so right in the manual.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom