fuel mileage?

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wondering what a 04-newer ford 5.4 4x4 gets for fuel mileage?...please help...just a stock truck is all i want to know? will it get as good as gas mileage as a v6 truck(tacoma 4x4, ranger 4x4?)

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probably 15-16 mpg on base model reg cab. down to 10-12 on a crew loaded. A very reliable engine though.

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would say anywhere between 13 to 19 imp mpg's on the hiway depending on how heavy your right foot is. my sister inlaws 07 roush supercharged f150 4x4 ext cab with 425 hp gets 15 to 16 on the hiway. my wifes super crew 02 f150 4x4 got as good as 21mpg's with the stock tires on it.

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks...what should a good price range be for something with under 120,000km? first truck and want somethign biggar then v6...im looking at 04-06/7 ford 4x4/fx4 super crew with under 120,000...price range is any where under 30000...preferably under 20,000 but will settle for little more

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
good thread !!

u asking about fuel milage but want a v8 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

first question u schould ask urself is
what do i wanna do with the truck

cause !

also a v6 will pull a trailer
also a v6 will be quick to 110Km/h
also a v6 can go in the mud ( if its a 4x4)

so i really dont get it how so many people complain about fuelmileage but wanna drive the biggest truck out there

please dont take that personal just my thinking cause i see it every day at work and dont really get the point from the peeps

all the people i know by far 60% wouldnt even need a truck but driving one
when u ask them "why ure driving a big v8?" most answer "why not ?"

well that tells me all but at least stop complaining

bcham5

Reaction score
I Have an 08 SCab f150 5.4 and i was getting around 700kms a tank with my truck loaded up with stuff and my bruteforce in the back. Dont know if the magnaflow,airraid cold air intake, and super chips 87 tune helped, but i went up to 285/70r17 and the milage dropped a bit. and it has 22k on it and the larger fuel tank

sledobsessed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its not that a icare about the fuel mileage...i would just be nice to know when goin out to buy one waht i can expect....and when i live on a faarm a v8 is alot nicer...when you need to go and get bags of canola or pullin qa fuel/water tank...

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good thread !!

u asking about fuel milage but want a v8 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

first question u schould ask urself is
what do i wanna do with the truck

cause !

also a v6 will pull a trailer
also a v6 will be quick to 110Km/h
also a v6 can go in the mud ( if its a 4x4)

so i really dont get it how so many people complain about fuelmileage but wanna drive the biggest truck out there

please dont take that personal just my thinking cause i see it every day at work and dont really get the point from the peeps

all the people i know by far 60% wouldnt even need a truck but driving one
when u ask them "why ure driving a big v8?" most answer "why not ?"

well that tells me all but at least stop complaining

I had a '92 2wd Ranger that got 21-22 mpg. I think Most guys with newer Rangers and Tacomas aren't getting any better than that as a rule, so why not??;)

Everyone I know with a V6 complains about no capacity and poor mileage.....lol

Top Bottom