Fuel mileage

E

Edmonton Avenger

say what !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is in the wrong thread it needs to be in the "fishing story section"....

First you must be 75 feet long.....

Have you every looked in the drivers door panel and check your gcvw for a 2500... You must be over your gcvw by 5000 or 6000 lbs

max truck is 9600lbs which includes the 2000lbs of trailer wieght in the truck box and max trailer towing weight rating on 2500 is only 13,000 lbs ...
Gross combined vehicle weight is only 23,000lbs

check gmcs website at 2009 gmc sierra 2500hd model details page

i run an 06 2500hd diesel with deck 2-quads and 24 foot holiday trailer and am max on weight rating

mileage - best 22ltr (10mpg) & worst 28ltr/100 (8mpg) pulling the quads and trailer --other wise 17ltr/100 (13mpg) empty

we have 2 - 2006 2500 gmc duramax's and 1 - 2008 ford f350 diesel - and a trip from edmonton to blue river loaded all 3 trucks run almost the same mileage after 2 year comparison

- speed is always the deciding factor (but pulling an enclosed trailer against the wind is also a huge contributor)
- 100km on cruise - best milage you can expect (20-24ltr/100)
- 110-120km drop mileage drops sharply (25-29ltr/100)
- 120-130km - forget it you can see the gauge dropping (over 30ltr/100)
sticker in your door means zip..... You can register it for way more than that, and if you go through the hurdles to get your national safety cert, then you can exceed it even more.

As for length..... This is why bc has banned the tripple load and ab is doing it soon too.

As for your 06..... Be glad!!!!
The 08 does nowhere near the mileage you are getting.

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 05 GM w/5.3L I took out the cars and added a FloPro exhaust and cold air intake we did a Lightspeed program I got 30 more horsepower and 30-40 more torque the truck pulls way better I went from 19.4 to 20.5 mpg so far I have no problems. Call Cam in Red Deer @ LightSpeed you wont be sad you talked to him We are trying to sell the system soon here in Fort St. John we do the propane systems on the V-10 Ford our customers say they get 13-15 mpg on the hiway and 8-10 pulling the cost in FSJ is 48.9 propane to 108.4 gas do the math (only my 2 cent worth)

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sticker in your door means zip..... You can register it for way more than that, and if you go through the hurdles to get your national safety cert, then you can exceed it even more.

As for length..... This is why bc has banned the tripple load and ab is doing it soon too.

I called registries a while ago to inquire about changing my GVWR and they said that they will put whatever you want on the registration but the cops just go off the door sticker anyways. The girl I was talking to sounded like she didn't really know what she was talking about though.

Where or who would be the authority on this? Transport Canada ? Local RCMP?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yes you can register for more but if you get caught unit gets split up and you take your load home 1 by 1. like to know were you get your vehicle licensed for over stock gvwr as I modify units for extra gvw for a living and its not as easy as you seem to think it is to just add extra weight to your gvwr. You need a canadian safety standard license and aslo manufacturers ok. you cant just pick numbers out of your head and use them.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes you can register for more but if you get caught unit gets split up and you take your load home 1 by 1. like to know were you get your vehicle licensed for over stock gvwr as I modify units for extra gvw for a living and its not as easy as you seem to think it is to just add extra weight to your gvwr. You need a canadian safety standard license and aslo manufacturers ok. you cant just pick numbers out of your head and use them.

An expert! Perfect. So for example on my Dmax, to add 1000# to my legal weight what am I going to need to do? Brakes? Axles?

Thanks.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can gallons hand calculated, and the total pounds of truck is 8675. You Alberta boys just dont drive at 100km/hr very often... truck also has no, i repeat no lift kit

Fifst of all, my speedo shows 100 every day...... on my way up to 125.

That word you used before "lift kit", what does it mean?:d

I'll be in Winnipeg in a few days - it's always cool to see a couple nice trucks there.

Last edited:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An expert! Perfect. So for example on my Dmax, to add 1000# to my legal weight what am I going to need to do? Brakes? Axles?

Thanks.

never claimed to be an expert lol. you would have to talk to gm for that one as I am not sure. For an extra 1000 I would think all you would need is springs as I believe that gm has the same axle and brakes in the 25000 and 3500. For all the units I do we are adding axles/springs and brakes. as well as frame mods, and 4x4 conversions. Alll on class 8 units.

Top Bottom