fuel injection??

Newfee

Reaction score
any thoughts on the new fuel injection bikes coming out. im looking to get one but want some info on the new technology before I buy it

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are awesome from everything I've read about them. instant, crisp throttle response and easy starting. only on the 450R honda this year tho, not on the X. :(

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
With the RMZ 450, battery-less efi works great. The FI is derived from the GSX-R sport bikes and the LTR-450 sport quad, the result is better roll-on power and very responsive low-to-midrange powerband.
I kicked on over last week(brand new and just uncrated) and let me tell ya all it took was 3 kicks and it fired to life(from factory they sound great).:beer::d:beer:

Newfee

Reaction score
well my buddy got a 08 RMZ 450FI the other day and after going for a ride the weekend were just asking a few questions about the fuel injection like why would it still need a cold start valve and hot start lever? shouldent the computer compensate for that or do the throttle body act like a carb when starting and the FI kicks in once its running??

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
I think u mean hot start valve and lever. Thed hot start valve is to help w starting(as suzuki says)but all ive ever heard about is just like cracking the throttle when tryin to start hot. almost acts like clearing out the cyl. But i am still recieving info from suzuki can. on this efi bike.:beer::d:beer:

Top Bottom