Fuel economy on supercharged nytro?

F/A

Reaction score
Okay you S/C Nytro riders. No bs here, how bad did your fuel economy get with the S/C?
I ride a S/C apex so I do know it sucks compared to a turbo. We ride long distances and I really do not want to have to have a fuel truck following me.
Thanx guys.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never rode mine stock so I don't know how much it changed. It definately goes through some fuel compared to my sons turbo. Wasn't an issue with my trail tank on there, but it is now that I went back to the stock tank. 90km is pushing it with the stock tank. Totally worth it for the instant throttle response & zero lag though!

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never rode mine stock so I don't know how much it changed. It definately goes through some fuel compared to my sons turbo. Wasn't an issue with my trail tank on there, but it is now that I went back to the stock tank. 90km is pushing it with the stock tank. Totally worth it for the instant throttle response & zero lag though!
Have you put 90km on it this year?? didn't think so..

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay you S/C Nytro riders. No bs here, how bad did your fuel economy get with the S/C?
I ride a S/C apex so I do know it sucks compared to a turbo. We ride long distances and I really do not want to have to have a fuel truck following me.
Thanx guys.
what type of clutching do u have I have a 2007 s/c apex and i'm still playing with mine. I'm running 75.5 grams on stock weights and a purple articat spring on the secondary with a stock 45 degrees helix and pulling 11000 rpm right now and hitting the rev limiter on hard packed snow. Had a different set up last year from e&s and it was a settup for a nytro and it sucked. so now i'm trying a different setup because the sled would fall on it's face as soon as u hit deep snow and right now i'm running the sled at 9lbs boost. Going out this weekend to mcbride and hoping for deep snow to see how well this setup will work. Any information would be greatly aprtiated and yes the sled does suck on the fuel real hard but the extra power is alot of fun.

Octanee

Reaction score
some locals eh!, aside that, all i know is you put a super charger on, your fuel economy goes down the drain, always in boost when you dont need to be, also on that, theres 2 identical nytros, 1 has a supercharger, one has a mcx turbo, the supercharger packs 20L out, always worries about fuel, the other nytro with the turbo, laughs at the fact he gets better mileage than stock and only burns 20L/90 km trips....

atleast thats what ive seen, and hell, id rather pay for that split second turbo lag than suffer and worry about fuel all the time ;)

i got a Mcx apex, and it seems like as long as i keep outta the boost im good, i can go 30 km's with out the fuel tank dropping 1 bar, says its full, then when i get playing it drinks it up, i went about 50 km's trail, 40 km's trail and came home on Empty...., next day, went 60 km's and came home on empty, rode hard from the truck, so i know boost makes the sleds suck back the fuel, so if can stay out of boost until you actually need it... then best of both worlds!

Last edited:

longpull01

Reaction score
I was in Chappell creek last year and I got 84km and I had no bars left on fuel gauge and I don't sit and watch people ride either. I ride a 2012 270 mcx nytro. I have a buddy with a stock doo mx summit 163 e-Tec and he gets that 75 km to his stock tank and he runs out so I don't think we're all doing to bad.

Sent from my iPhone using

Top Bottom