Fuel can options....

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
terry didnt realize you bought a new sled this year... you ll have to jump in with the boys and come out for a weekend

Now there's a scarry thought! Might have to consider it. How's the newly wed life? She got you trained yet? :eek:
If you come my way bring the sled and I will take you to the hills just north of us here. Fantasic play area. Here's a pic of the Hills last year the same day I broke my arm and ended my season.

100_0479.jpg

Last edited:

BruteCamo

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input....
Still leaning towards a BRP caddy because of the low profile.
Anybody have any pics of one installed?
Was lookin at a way to fab some rails up and use a REV caddy.
Otherwise I think it will be the Mountain Addiction.

sledhead80

Reaction score
I just bought the Polaris gas rack but cut down the rails and re-tapped them so my gas can wasn't slopping around, now 2 bunggies should take care of it.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321233638.823947.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321233638.823947.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 341

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the Rotopax setup last year....and it worked great. These pics are off their website that shows a 1 gal setup - 9 1/2 L x 13 1/4 W x 3 H, you can stack them. I used a 2 gal can and mounted it lengthwise - 17 3/4 L x 13 1/4 W x 3 H.

rotopax mount.jpg rotopax.jpg

rockydaug

Reaction score
The screws are self-tapping, and myself I moved the rack, so it's right behind the seat. Polaris has the straps for the racks and that jerry can. works awesome

pehmanndragon

Reaction score
Bunngies don't work real good if your jumpin around alot, I use a ratchet strap and my can don't move just have to find a short strap. 005.jpg

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The closer to the seat the better for your spare gas. The tunnel is only rated to hold 15 lbs. That is mainly why I went with the powderkeg. The fuel is actually up under the seat.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The screws are self-tapping, and myself I moved the rack, so it's right behind the seat. Polaris has the straps for the racks and that jerry can. works awesome

X2 for the stock polaris rack and can. fits well and the can comes with the hold down straps wth quick release buckles. Have never lost it yet, even on roll overs.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Running the factory Polaris rack with a 2.5 gal can held on with ratchet straps. It came with the sled, otherwise I probably would have went with the Mountain Addiction setup again.

Sent from my eYefone using Tapatalk

flpp

Reaction score
Check out the rack options at FLPP. We have a variety of options for all of the RMK models and pre-Rush era switchbacks.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input....
Still leaning towards a BRP caddy because of the low profile.
Anybody have any pics of one installed?
Was lookin at a way to fab some rails up and use a REV caddy.
Otherwise I think it will be the Mountain Addiction.
No Pics,but I used the Doo Rev can. Just fab a triangular side plate for each side. rivet to the side of the tunnel,cut a slot near the top of the plate for the BRP hold down straps. Looks like it was meant for that sled,it tucks up nice and flush with the seat.

IEATSRT

Reaction score
I went with Mountain Addiction and like it. No straps, mounts using the channels on the tunnel, very solid. I have room to push it up further if I wanted but left a bit of space for my foot to slide through.

Attachments

• can1.jpg
    can1.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 198
  • can2.jpg
    can2.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:

bfarnden

Reaction score
I just bought the Polaris gas rack but cut down the rails and re-tapped them so my gas can wasn't slopping around, now 2 bunggies should take care of it.
i did sort off the same thing but went the other direction, i cut 2 14" pieces of 5/16 round aluminum and drilled them out then mounted the rack sideways so it is big enough to hold one of the 6.2 gal jerry cans.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

flpp

Reaction score
good rack but you copied the VMI rack and selling cheaper

I started this company because I am a faithful Polaris rider, own a Polaris and was therefore able to customize tunnel racks by using my sled. It is actually quite beneficial for more than one company to be selling similar products, because it keeps the price in check for you the customer.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The closer to the seat the better for your spare gas. The tunnel is only rated to hold 15 lbs. That is mainly why I went with the powderkeg. The fuel is actually up under the seat.

X2 on this. I've seen numerous posts between S&M and Snowest talking about "tweaked" tunnels. The Powderkeg keeps the weight as far forward as possible. Be very careful about exceeding the 15 lb. weight limit on the tail of the tunnel.

Done fishing. Let's go sledding !!

Top Bottom