FSR roads and radio's

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OMG
I have travelled radio controlled roads for years and I can't believe some of you can keep going on and on?
It's not rocket science boys. If your communicating with road users you will figger it out in a few seconds.

:doh: I thought the pictures I posted many pages ago of the signs at the bottom of the road that tell you what to do would have put this to rest!
Not on SnowandMud I guess! :arguebats:

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try coming down the road calling all your miles, you will notice all the empty trucks are sitting in the pull outs waiting for you to clear so they can carry on. Trucks you did not even know were on the road. Think about that one for a bit before you want to call all your miles going up and expect the loaded trucks to make concessions for you and your new radio.

works for me ,, get the hell outta my way.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Findings for the latest rash of accidents, drivers in pickups talking to each other and forgetting to call their k's. Pickup speed's excessive. Logging trucks are right on the money.

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Findings for the latest rash of accidents, drivers in pickups talking to each other and forgetting to call their k's. Pickup speed's excessive. Logging trucks are right on the money.
I thought that you said the sled trailers can't keep up with the hauling trucks…this thread is getting to make it worse for the average guy trying to figure out what he should do on any particular road.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Modman said he could not hang with an empty truck going up. Of coarse a few years back empties did drive at quite a clip, i bet he meant back then. Don't worry I bet by this summer it will be all fixed up. And the wall of new safe radio users taken care of.

Last edited:

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
images

images

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do people not realize those are working roads and the rigs call kilometres for a reason. No different then oil field protocol on certain roads. To avoid this stuff. I feel bad for the truck driver who’s losing money now cause he’s not making his load destination.

timmus

Reaction score
I was those roads last week and had radois with us. on the way out came we came up to a truck without a radio that was on the way in. had my trailer going side ways and barely made it past the guy. HAVE RADIOS OR DON"T GO ON THE ROADS!!!

If your trailer is going side ways slow down

Mcstuck87

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is just crazy to travel on an active FSR without a radio. Especially in winter when often the road is not plowed wide enough to pass. Loaded trucks will not move from the crown of the road to the side if there is any risk of them going off.

https://www.youtuIbe.com/watch?v=3BxtYsIAjgY

Rule of thumb when running a rig. Rig gets right away on the road. If a pickup goes in the ditch the rig can pull it out. If the rig goes in, the pickup ain’t pulling it out. And makes for a even more dangerous scenario when you are getting equipment to pull a loaded rig out on a sketchy road. My buddy doesn’t understand that. He figures a rig should move over too. But when you gotta keep the crown or off you go. Some people just don’t get it cause they have never sat in the trucker seat.

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rule of thumb when running a rig. Rig gets right away on the road. If a pickup goes in the ditch the rig can pull it out. If the rig goes in, the pickup ain’t pulling it out. And makes for a even more dangerous scenario when you are getting equipment to pull a loaded rig out on a sketchy road. My buddy doesn’t understand that. He figures a rig should move over too. But when you gotta keep the crown or off you go. Some people just don’t get it cause they have never sat in the trucker seat.

Its a little more indepth than that. If a loaded logging truck takes the ditch there is always a chance the load comes through the cab and kills ya. That kinda makes you not wanna take the ditch.

2nd, your in the trucks work place. You screw up with your pickup and take a truck out, a fair chance he is an owner operator and your taking away his ability to make a living. Logging seasons are fairly short, nobody can afford the down time to get their rigs fixed and loose the work. If your screw him up, be prepared for a loss of income suit coming your way.

Top Bottom