Front end diving to the left.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why my 163 ProRMKs front end wants to dive to the left while going straigtht in deep powder across a field:confused:. You have to lean your body to the right to correct it or you will run in to your buddy on the left of you. My son also noticed this while he rode it. None of my sleds ever did this before. Have heard poeple say it's easier to side hill to the left than it is to the right. Is this sled that badly balanced. If someone can weight the sled in all three corners the we could get a good idea of what the front right and left ski weights are.

shiftycliffy

Reaction score
I would check your pre load on front springs to make sure there the same, also you might have a dead shock.One more thing if you want it to be more stable on the flat wided your skis out as far as they go.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something isn't right. Mine tracks straight. I mentioned that it was easier to carve to the left, but I've had that issue with every sled I've had. Sounds like you may have a ski alignment issue, or possibly a bent a-arm (hopefully not).

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Something isn't right. Mine tracks straight. I mentioned that it was easier to carve to the left, but I've had that issue with every sled I've had. Sounds like you may have a ski alignment issue, or possibly a bent a-arm (hopefully not).

In my opinion, all two strokes will likely be easier to carve to the left as the engine is offset in that direction, along with the clutches both being on that side. This is effect is also more noticeable when putting on an aftermarket can, especially with us Cat guys that are losing nearly 20 lbs ;)

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pre load is the same, a-arms are straight, ski alignment perfect, I like it narrow so it's in the narrow position. Will put my sway bar back in but I can't see that being the problem. Matbe Rucky is right, they do have a lightweight muffler in their so maybe that's why. :confused:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard this from another guy yesterday and the Polaris mechanic I talked to said they are much heavier on one side than the other.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you notice it that much, I would say add more tension to your shock springs on one side VS the other. Should be able to find a nice balance without compromising the ride, should be an easy fix.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could be bent A-arm, weak shock or even just how you carry your balance and center of gravity. I know it sounds silly but until I started going back to the gym and core training classes i wasn't aware of how much the right side of my body compinsated for the left.

Just saying......
Something to think about.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Installed sway bay no fun:(. Removed sway bar Lots of fun.:d:d:d:d. Switched shocks around no change . Went out on Saturday and I figured it out, it the wind depends on which side the wind is . I guess these sled are that light.

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cause it's a polaris and they smoked left handed cigarettes when they designed the thing or the clutches are outweighing the other side.

Top Bottom