Front bumpers

AkNomad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about replacing my stock bumper with a stronger aftermarket bumper (already replaced the rear bumper) but would like to hear your thoughts first. I've got the Grip-N-Rip braces installed on my sled and the Doo Extreme skid plate. Would going to a stronger bumper be beneficial or more of a detriment? I've never had to replace a module on these XM's but have done the nun on a rev and it was a bit of a pia.

I'm currently considering the Z BROS, Racewerx, and B&M Fab bumpers.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put on a skinz, Rasmussen bumper. Looks good and a bit stronger the factory I hope.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the Rasmussen bumper tie in on the skid plate? or at the front of the bulkhead? I see a couple spots for rivets

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does the Rasmussen bumper tie in on the skid plate? or at the front of the bulkhead? I see a couple spots for rivets
Skid plate, it doesn't reach down far enough to attach to the chassis.

I like the look of the BM fab personally.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had both the race werx and now the skinz rammy bumper. I liked then looks of the racewerx but found it filled with too much snow and was to sharp and pointy in case you were to ever go ass over tea kettle. I am happy with my skinz this year.

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All these aftermarket bumpers look nice and work well
In my opinion its not worth it

Its just I am a Trk deck guy and the stock Doo cover will not work very well without the cover getting re done Who Likes sewing?

Birdie

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the beefy aftermarket bumpers. My wife hit a tree head on with my '14 XP and bent the front bumper and the plastic in substantially. I pulled the destroyed bumper off and all the plastic came back out to its original form (with the exception of 2 broken honeycombs). I put a stock Doo bumper back on. I see it this way. A bumper is designed to take the impact and bend, in turn (hopefully) saving more of your sled. My concern with the heavy duty bumper is transferring the impact to the bulkhead causing more damage than just a bumper.

IMO, stick with the stock bumper. Not worth the risk of excessive damage that may be cause by a minor collision.

Arctic_Ragtop

Reaction score
I put the B&M Fabrications bumper on mine, haven't taken out any trees with it yet but am really impressed with the quality and solid feel of it. Great bumper and am glad I chose the B&M.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^ what he said... just bought the Rasmussen and never thought of the cover!

Rigmortis

Reaction score
The cover works sort of, it is about an inch short on the back. I'm thinking on modifying the front of the cover so the bumper sits on the outside of the cover. also if you add the seat bag you might have more of an issue.

Rig.

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^ what he said... just bought the Rasmussen and never thought of the cover!

I have the Rasmussen and tried putting the cover on the other day and I have a short temper so I struggled for about 10 min and gave up. It might fit but attempting it in the dark on the deck I said screw it.

Alpine_Bound

Reaction score
I have the Rasmussen and tried putting the cover on the other day and I have a short temper so I struggled for about 10 min and gave up. It might fit but attempting it in the dark on the deck I said screw it.

How is high are your bars? Do you have the stock grab bar? Are you running a windshield? There must be a bit of room to play with there? Won't have mine together for a few more weeks...the suspense is killing me....lol.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the added few inches foward and wide take the length up, height probably isnt an issue... I'll try mine when I'll get it together this week, stock '14 XMX besides rasmussen bumper

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
My cover will make it over the larger Doo bumper but won't make to cover the last few inches of the back. Talented Wifey is going to add a bit more material to make it work properly.

Let it Snow....Let it Snow......Let it Snow

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just installed the rasmussen bumper on my 15 T3 174, my cover still fits with no issues, I even have the extra storage on my seat.I also have the adjustable riser set a lttle higher than stock.

Top Bottom