Modrods's XM front Bumper

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Looks like it would pack up with snow/ice really bad, anyone have one of them?

Not cheap at $360 USD... plus shipping, but if it's a stronger bumper, a grip&rip s-module brace, and a skid plate all in one, then it might be worth it.

Anyone got a cheaper/better bumper suggestion or a local vendor? (Calgary, AB)

How much does one of these things weigh?

Attachments

• IMG_4425-1.jpg
    IMG_4425-1.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 507

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like stock, replace as needed. I go through 4 or 5 a season. I think the crumple zone saves your front end.

The factory Doo heavy duty front bumper's work ok and are around 200$. Kinda ugly though IMO.

These Skinz ones look ok. Not sure on price.

Dmf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like stock, replace as needed. I go through 4 or 5 a season. I think the crumple zone saves your front end.

The factory Doo heavy duty front bumper's work ok and are around 200$. Kinda ugly though IMO.

These Skinz ones look ok. Not sure on price.

I agree, if you strengthen the front bumper and especially adding the grip and rip s-module brace your gunna send the damage further back like your e module , IMO

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
I agree, if you strengthen the front bumper and especially adding the grip and rip s-module brace your gunna send the damage further back like your e module , IMO

Agreed to a certain extent, but after last year when I mashed the front bumper on a low speed collision with a tree I'd still like a heavier duty bumper that will distribute the force beyond those two 10mm bolts... and some guys swear by the grip & rip bracing, and others tell me the e-module is actually easier to replace than the S-module (because it comes in parts and you usually only have to do one side).

At any rate, I still haven't found anyone selling them in Calgary so far. Any one with suggestions? (I've tried bow cycle, racers edge, source innovations so far).

mooner

Reaction score
Try the Zbroz bumper.... i paid under $200 delivered to my door. they have the option for the E&S mod brace c/w skidplate for a extra 140.... i looked at the skinz bumper first and it looked like a drunk monkey had welded it, so i went with the zbroz for less cash and better quality.
Call Boost- it they're a dealer for Zbroz and it sounded like they might be getting in some stock.

Cheers

sledhead5000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.pdotsledding.com
Zbroz appears to be about $450 for the bumper, skid plate/module thing including delivery and the exchange rate. Pretty pricey for a couple hunks of aluminum. Thinking I might try to build my own. I can buy the frigging welder for less!

Top Bottom