Fron Diff Problems

fersch69

Reaction score
I having problems with my front diff.When I have the quad on the ground in 2wheel drive i can turn the handle bars both ways but when i pull the diff lock I cant even turn the bars all the way.And when im in 4 wheel drive driving the quad in a cirlce to the left at about half circle the quad wants to straighten out.

Any body have the same problem?

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I having problems with my front diff.When I have the quad on the ground in 2wheel drive i can turn the handle bars both ways but when i pull the diff lock I cant even turn the bars all the way.And when im in 4 wheel drive driving the quad in a cirlce to the left at about half circle the quad wants to straighten out.

steering in 4WD is always harder than 2WD but not sure it should cause the issues you describe.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I have always felt that running with diff lock engaged is WAY to hard on your front end. I only ever used my diff lock when its absolutley nessesary such as a steep climb or a greasy obstacle you know the regular 4x4 isn't going to cut it. Yes its hard to steer while engaged. I bought a Can-Am ... problem solved :d :beer: :d

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe it was his spider gears.

thats not a problem, thats normal. the front in diff lock is posi trac and wants to pull straight both tires pulling straight makes it way hard to turn the bars all the way especially if you give it lots of throttle

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

well even if the quad is in 2wd and you pull the diff lock while steering, it will naturally try and straighten out do to both wheels being forced to turn at the same speed. when your driving in a circle in 4x4 are you pulling the diff lock leaver? if you arent and the quad still wants to straighten the wheels out possibly the cable diff lock cable is binding somewhere, casuing the diff lock to engange....but also remember in 4x4 it will be harder steering no matter what.

fersch69

Reaction score
The Problem was that i had blown apart my 2 inside spider gears.And wow are those little gears expensive..

Top Bottom