Frisby Ridge Nov 26-29

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a great week in Revy..sledding on Frisby was top notch for early season...found a few nice basins with untouched powder...well worth the trip. Forgot the camera after day one but here are a couple shots..good group Scuba, frbstr, Dobir, Catwoman, Curt, Mike, JohnIT...

Attachments

• sled pics 029.jpg
    sled pics 029.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 101
  • sled pics 032.jpg
    sled pics 032.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 85
  • sled pics 033.jpg
    sled pics 033.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 746
  • sled pics 030.jpg
    sled pics 030.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 80

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey dobir, looks great. Dave Jackson and i are heading down on thursday with a group of others, where did you guys unload at frisby? Looks like fresh snow for you guys, hope everybody made it home safe. We will let you know how next weekend was. Are you there during xmas at all? We will be there for four days, intrerested?

GRD

Reaction score
Thanks for posting pictures Dobir!

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys, as of a couple days ago you can sled from the Boulder by-pass 1 mile above the frisby lot. I recommend driving by the glacier turn off about 1/4 mile, turn left and it takes you up to the by-pass without the steep switchbacks the snowmobile trail has...any snow though and you could easily ride from the Frisby staging area.

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We parked at the second parking lot. You can ride from the bottom, but the first couple of Km is pretty bare and icey. Gooming has started around 4km mark. Things are starting to look good. Frisby was pretty tracked out by late saturday, need more fresh.

Reaction score
Thanks for the great pics and snow report for Frizby, we're off like a new brides dress later in the week. Pray for some more fresh this week to ice the cake for first ride of the year. Cheers!!!!:beer::beer::beer::d

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the great pics and snow report for Frizby, we're off like a new brides dress later in the week. Pray for some more fresh this week to ice the cake for first ride of the year. Cheers!!!!:beer::beer::beer::d

Amen to that Cous!!! :cool::beer::beer::cool:

See ya on the other side..........................OF THE CLOUDS!!! :d

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you do go around to the second parking lot, please stop in below and buy a trail pass. I talked to the guy selling them on saturday and he figured at least 25 rigs went up with out buy a pass. You can figure that most trucks had between 2-4 sleds and that adds up. He also said that the RCMP will be getting involved and checking for passes.

doostylz

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics and info looks like you had some good weather. Heading out thursday afternoon to ride friday. Everybody going pray to the snow gods!!!!!!

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any of the days we were there..nobody was selling passes yet...I have a membership anyways...secondly the drive up is dangerous and the only safe way hauling a 27 foot trailer is the way around..the icy switchbacks are real trouble...

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dobir, will second the motion on driving up frisby, was talking to veedy on the cell:eek:, drove into glacier house, and with out thinking started up the trail with 4 place enclosed in tow, last corner told veedy that i would call back:nono: as i augered the truck 30 ft from the top in 4 low with new bfg ta ko tires all around, unloaded the sleds from the trailer drove up, saw the motorhomes parked by the crest which i happened to know the guys and said how in the hell did they make it up, remark was oh just drive by glacier then hook up the hill, damn cell phones.:d

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any of the days we were there..nobody was selling passes yet...I have a membership anyways...secondly the drive up is dangerous and the only safe way hauling a 27 foot trailer is the way around..the icy switchbacks are real trouble...

We rode frisby on the 28th and 29th and they were selling passes both days.

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Dave did try to work at the junction on Westside Rd. at Frisby but almost got ran over a couple times. :eek: For safety reasons he was instructed to work out of his shack, his truck wouldn`t make it up the hill to the junction.
That access is a huge problem at times. Maybe putting a donation box in at the cabin might help. SOME people just don`t want to pay but most people understand that only the snow is free. You think this smiley looks like me?. :rant:
Now even more people know, it does get better for us when the parking disappears.

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$15 a small price to pay, specially with some sleds over the $20,000 mark !! Honestly don't think most people avoid paying purposely, just overwhelmed while unloading, and if they don't pass the ticket man, just easier to forget :rolleyes: Long drive for most... and the vision of white stuff, can really impair ones wits! But I believe in keeping the industry supported to it's fullest. We wouldn't want to loose it to downhill skiers! :eek: Cheers :):beer::beer::)

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also... I don't think a donation box would do anything more than bring crime to the hills. :mad: But a ticket sales machine in lobbies of popular hotels, and gas oulets might be an answer? Just like the C trains in cowtown ! Saves time on the hill, unload and go, quick stop @ the booth to prove your legit!! :d Unfortunate that a perfect plan will obviously cost money to set in place! Just a thought!

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like I say..I have a family pass and have had it since the sled show...anyways each morning we were there nobody was there yet..another week and there may be enough snow to just ride from the lot..

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
I sure don`t want you guys to think that I thought you purposely tried to avoid paying for trail passes, that is not what I meant at all. Dobir did you buy it in Edmonton at the show, Angie or I would have sold it to you. Thanks for your support. Met you Fri. night at the Premier. :)
Buying the membership not only makes life easier but it also supports the club to work to keep other areas like Sale, Keystone and Caribou Basin open for us all to ride. A portion of your membership fee goes to the club, the grooming society and the BC Snowmobile Federation. It`s not all about the trail pass that is included with your membership, thats for sure.

Top Bottom