Revy Dec 21-26

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sledding was fantastic with most days having decent visibility. The 22nd was blue bird with the remaining days being overcast. Our family of four took back two different unfamiliar groups through the fog into the back end of Frisby Ridge where it was clear to ride. Lots of untouched powder if you were willing to head back 14 to 16 km. Had about 10 inches fresh on the 24th which added to a nice base. Had the mountain to ourselves alomost every day, especially Christmas Eve and Boxing Day..met some good folk and look forward to the next Revy trip. Stayed at the Hillcrest Resort..more sledders than skiers but a real nice spot. Snowed big when we left...see Revy again late January..!!

Attachments

• sled pics 072.jpg
    sled pics 072.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 57
  • sled pics 044.jpg
    sled pics 044.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 51
  • sled pics 054.jpg
    sled pics 054.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 47
  • sled pics 071.jpg
    sled pics 071.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 52

GRD

Reaction score
sledding was fantastic with most days having decent visibility. The 22nd was blue bird with the remaining days being overcast. Our family of four took back two different unfamiliar groups through the fog into the back end of Frisby Ridge where it was clear to ride. Lots of untouched powder if you were willing to head back 14 to 16 km. Had about 10 inches fresh on the 24th which added to a nice base. Had the mountain to ourselves alomost every day, especially Christmas Eve and Boxing Day..met some good folk and look forward to the next Revy trip. Stayed at the Hillcrest Resort..more sledders than skiers but a real nice spot. Snowed big when we left...see Revy again late January..!!

Good pictures and update... Sounds like it was a good trip. Any carnage?

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple close calls...a few minor trail fixes...one boy broke the choke of his 600 and the other broke the high beam switch off....lol...I had one trip to the sled shed for a minor fix..all was good...

DUSTINSPELLMAN

Reaction score
We went up there on the 25-28th and visibility was very poor
snow was sooo deep on saturday it was sick, up to my neck in lots of places the traile up to boulder we were about the first ones and there was 2 foot fresh that day
amazing time

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey hope you had a great trip, the snow after you left i hate to say was almost tooo deep. Let me know what days in Jan you are planning to go? Is it a family trip or just the guys? We are heading up at the end of Jan too. Its hard sitting here trying to plan the next trip and on the tv is the devastation in sparwood. Anyways let me know what days you are heading back and maybe we can arrange the same days.

F1J1

Reaction score
Heh milton:

How was the trip? I heard the snow was almost too deep. I have been sick for the last couple of days, might head up to the pass on the weekend. give me a call if you are still heading off to Fernie.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let me know if you guys are going out this weekend..I may want to go for a local ride too..

Top Bottom