Frenchie climbed the Angry Pirate.....

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
Emilie tried the monster 3 times and turned out 2/3rds way up and came back down......wow, I sure wouldn't come down it ... greesy and fast... snow was really cornie yesterday....power robbing and you need a long track in this stuff...She only has a 154" but her RK teck 860 kit was really ripping and she almost got it done first by a lady.... but it was way more impressive turning out way up there and coming down than making it out easy... but she wanted it bad... good try Emilie... better conditions you'd have it.... Frenchie then tried the Monster with his 860 Skidoo and on his 3rd try got it done.... I climbed the Gash twice in my Pj's... thats gotta be a first, eh????? Then the monster bit me... took a chomp out of my leg... I was bit by the monster... needed a ski pull to get out of er... great footage though.... then the angry pirate gave me a smack... needed a ski pull to finish it... but Frenchie on his second try got it done... awesome!!!!!!!!! and he got stuck on his first try and came down out of the angry pirate..... Felix you rock... an amazing display of courage and skill... that chute is for turbos only!!!!! well not anymore.... Than at the end of the day he put his sled in the Irmens arm chute... and stuck it 150 - 200 ft from the top... to deep and slushy for a 154" track with not enough jam.... it really sucks climbing down 200 ft into the arm.... very steep and scary... plus the cornice was raining into the chute... Angel slipped and slid past his sled, but he caught her.... climbing back out after we turned him around wasn't much fun either.... Awesome day, awesome weather... good fun with good friends.... unloading just pass the turtle entrance... very little dirt to ride up on... Turtle should be good for 2 weeks still and boulder should be good for another 7 weeks... Amy post some pics please.. I know angel had her camera out too..... Krazy Canadian Adventures 3 teaser should be ready this weeek...dvd cover is complete too... pre -orders will be accepted this week also.... It's gonna be a really fun movie, with amazing first ascents, epic climbs... Huge cliff drops.... and two death defying wrecks... dozens of wild crashes... and some funny stuff too.... Paul,,,, that angry pirate chute is wild... no reason to climb it if you hadn't.... Irmen.... there's no reason to climb the arm either.... it's way too steep and scary... way scarier than the face of the Norns.....

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome report Dan! Glad Em had lotsa peeps there for this attempt! Wish I coulda made it...not gonna miss it next year cuz it's gonna happen!

AMY! PICS PICS PICS!!!! :d

STRAYPUSSY

Reaction score
unloading just pass the turtle entrance... very little dirt to ride up on... Turtle should be good for 2 weeks still and boulder should be good for another 7 weeks...

Dan we went up where you saw us parked fri and it was 4km of dirt and thick willows had to also cut a huge tree that fell over the trail!! was a great day tho:d:d:d nice work Frenchie

Last edited by a moderator:

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
unloading just pass the turtle entrance... very little dirt to ride up on... Turtle should be good for 2 weeks still and boulder should be good for another 7 weeks...

Dan we went up where you saw us parked fri and it was 4km of dirt and thick willows had to also cut a huge tree that fell over the trail!! was a great day tho:d:d:d nice work Frenchie

You went in the wrong way, it's easy going up the valley just past the cement bridge..

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
don't know what his set up was... here's the dvd cover of the new dvd,,, pre-orders will be taken soon, to be released July 2010.

dvdcoversized.jpg

Frenchie

Reaction score
Tabarnouche, what a way to end the season! Awesomness to the max!!
Dan, you Krazy son of a gun, if you hadn't told me to give the Pirate a try I never would have done it period... Thanks for believing in me!!!
I can't believe you attempted it after being bit by the Monster, gee you were gushing blood all over the top of that Angry Pirate!!!

My sleds are now stored for the summer, I need to start saving up for next year!!
Dan I can't wait to see your movie, how much footage you have so far over 10 hrs or something? LOL

Cheers everyone!!

Pics in order are:
1) Dan preparing me mentally, Krazy style!
2) Some rock clipping action
3) Light at the end of the tunnel
4) The angry pirate!! After all the wife was standing there taking the pic... A bit ironic isn't it...

Attachments

• IMG_3576.jpg
    IMG_3576.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3581.jpg
    IMG_3581.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3599.jpg
    IMG_3599.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3600.jpg
    IMG_3600.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 88

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Nice helmet cam teaser vid, dave.....

Frenchie, there isn't any room for error up that chute is there.... Tight chute! Well done..... We have to ride together one day next year!!!

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
and all the big Hp sleds were there this long weekend, one week after frenchies success.... No one even tried it.... Too scary....Looks like your gonna be the last to ever climb it Frenchie....

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
" Nice pull!!! not bad for a frenchman"

Tabarnouche de poche mole he is an excellent rider indeed
All us frenchman drive like that, it's just in the blood.

French riders rule!!! And funny too!! .:beer::beer:

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
and all the big Hp sleds were there this long weekend, one week after frenchies success.... No one even tried it.... Too scary....Looks like your gonna be the last to ever climb it Frenchie....
It's pretty obvious you don't need alot of horsepower to climb it this time of year Dan.:rolleyes:
Good job Frenchie.:beer:

DIK BTR

Reaction score

ya Dan the bolder bashers were to scared to try anything different than the same 4 chutes they pull every time in and out! o wow they are so crazy lol!!

NM..... you say you dont need much power to climb now?? so what did you guys climb that was so crazy?? o must have been the 90 or monster:rolleyes:
my stock m7 can climb up there

Top Bottom