Freaken turples!!!!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went there asked for a 377 bely for my 06X they gave me a 383. I never thought I would have to check! b*stards now I have to drive ALL THE WAY out there AGAIN!

Last edited by a moderator:

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will work but not that great. 383 replaced the 166. DJ says run the 377 wider and shorter I think!

My point is I asked for a 377!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why are you runnng a 377 on a 06. wrong belt, use a 166

FromDJ's Site, pasted from the kit manual for a 06

Confirm that you have the correct belt width (measure) - The belt is supposed to be 1.44~1.5
inches wide. Some belts with 166 number and white writings are 1-3/8 wide, this will contribute to
high system temperatures from fluctuating rpms and poor belt deflection and only .009” away
from the wear limit (100 miles or less left to wear limit) Latest update belt is 1.44~1.48 wide
BRP#417300377
The difference between the 377 and 166 is the 377 is 4mm shorter and ideally will reveal less
peak mph at full shift overdrive, however in lower track speeds of loaded condition of 25mph to
60mph, apply the correct flyweight to make the engine work the hardest without losing rpms – will
reveal highest track speeds in your personal environment.
Or run the latest/greatest Carlisle 803 belt for 1.5” belt width. Any wide belt should be used for
long belt life.

skibeadoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 377 was designed for the xp not the revs. Stick to the belts that you know that you should run on the machine. 377 on the rev will only make your engagment much lower. It will work but will take a while to break into the old style grooves. I just ran a 377 on my rev cause another skidoo dealer told me that I could. No, not a good idea.

not sure but I think the 377 also fits the XP!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 377 was designed for the xp not the revs. Stick to the belts that you know that you should run on the machine. 377 on the rev will only make your engagment much lower. It will work but will take a while to break into the old style grooves. I just ran a 377 on my rev cause another skidoo dealer told me that I could. No, not a good idea.

I run a 377 already, because "DJ" tells me to! I think "DJ" knows more about clutching than I will ever know and he is light years ahead of turples!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I go out to Trackside 90% of the time....but once in a while I need a part ASAP and Turps is only 5 min from my place....it's always painful. I try to go in with a part number, but if that's not possible I look for the partsman with the most grey hair....

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been running the 377 belt on my 06x rev for the last two years (3-belts = 6000km):)
The year before I ran the 166 (4-belts = 1500km):(

I did add some venting and this year added DUCKS floating seconady spacer. Both things a must to keep things cool!:cool:

Our local Skidoo dealer (Golden) was who started me off with the 377, best move I made no more looking for a good spot for a second spare belt!

Not totally sure, but the 383 belt is equal in width to the 377 but the same length as the 166. They (skidoo) did make the 383 for the 800 revs, but I won't run anything but the 377.:nono:

MoFoREVxp154

Reaction score
You dont have a choice but to run the 377 or 383 belt on a REV now. Unless you can find old stock on the 166<--NLA. The 377/383 belts are 1mm wider and 1mm shorter. You WILL HAVE to get some longer bolts and washer to shim the secondary adjuster to comensate for the belt and will have to run the top of the cogs flush with the secondary now to obtain the proper deflection or you will get track run and have the belt always engaged and cause stress on the primary.

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the non X models, but on the 06x with the roller secondary you can throw on the 377 belt and ride!
Only diffrence is when you are setting the belt deflection on your new belt (377) you will start out near 1 on the secondary instead of being half way though the adjustments with your new 166.
How high the cogs are in the secondary is not the best way to adjust defection, I like to set it up so she squeals then back it off a touch.
Stress on the primary at an idle is nothing, but you don't want to glaze your belt so as tight as you can get with no squealing

Tight good... loose bad... Words to live by! ;)

Top Bottom