Fort McMurray burning

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always liked my house on beaverridge close when we owned it.close to work for both my wife and myself
That was a nice area.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

scully

Reaction score
I have been back up here working since May 7, finally got (ligitement)access to my house today, surprisingly it was not that bad. Our house is on the south end of the city and probly only a couple hundred yards from our fence to the fire. Luckily that fire was mostly grass and younger trees. The fridge definitely has the worst odour as we had no power to that subdivision from May 3-15. I took us about 3 minutes to roll it onto the deck and tape it shut. Lol Unfortunately some of our staff did not fair as well so I will have some roommates for a bit. Our stores/shops unfortunately are not as airtight as a house is and defiantly have bad smoke odur in the shop areas.

Scott

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We worked in Waterways area today.

Not sure of tomorrow's plan for us yet.

We are staged at Mac Island

scully

Reaction score
We own the 2 Fountain Tires, so more than likely you have seen our truck staged at Mac Island and Fire Hall 5(I hang out at hall 5, night shift). Thanks to guys like arff and others helping getting our city safe and back on its feet. I have met firefighters,RCMP from all over western Canada. Atco gas & power techs from central and northern Alberta. Crappy living,eating,sleeping and work conditions and no ones complains. After 24 days spirits are still very high.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We own the 2 Fountain Tires, so more than likely you have seen our truck staged at Mac Island and Fire Hall 5(I hang out at hall 5, night shift). Thanks to guys like arff and others helping getting our city safe and back on its feet. I have met firefighters,RCMP from all over western Canada. Atco gas & power techs from central and northern Alberta. Crappy living,eating,sleeping and work conditions and no ones complains. After 24 days spirits are still very high.

I will try stop and say hi over the next few days. I and here for a 6 days again.

scully

Reaction score
Sure that would be great, I'm headed out Monday to bring back 7 new fridges and 3 deep freezes. Pm me to see. If I'm around, might save you a trip. Again thanks for helping.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure that would be great, I'm headed out Monday to bring back 7 new fridges and 3 deep freezes. Pm me to see. If I'm around, might save you a trip. Again thanks for helping.

Just sent me a text tomorrow.

I am not sure what are we will get sent to

780 984 2497

Ray

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We worked in Waterways area today.

Not sure of tomorrow's plan for us yet.

We are staged at Mac Island

we emptied all th fridges and coolers at the legion about 3 weeks ago and filled that dumpster behind the building to the brim with everything imaginable... Prime bear location if it hasn't been emptied yet

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we emptied all th fridges and coolers at the legion about 3 weeks ago and filled that dumpster behind the building to the brim with everything imaginable... Prime bear location if it hasn't been emptied yet

Bears have been a problem.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I
c5e0a886d7f676a1bf08121aa5d7f4ab.jpg

308648c446de0f06fc39f51a0693da53.jpg

Working with these guys and forestry on hot spots in the city

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been bear guiding 60k south of the city for past 3 weeks, hats off to those fighting these fires. There was days we thought we were going to have to move out but fortunately not the case. Smoke was really not concerning most days with the wind direction, even with the plumes of fires in the distance. The rain the last couple of days will help somewhat tame this beast, however lightening storm hopefully didn't spark any others.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So arff, your thoughts on the aid from Africa. A lot of people in the social media are being pretty opinionated let say. Some to the point of embarassing. I figure the more help the better. But what do I know I'm just a dumb construction guy with a hate on for most politics at th moment.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So arff, your thoughts on the aid from Africa. A lot of people in the social media are being pretty opinionated let say. Some to the point of embarassing. I figure the more help the better. But what do I know I'm just a dumb construction guy with a hate on for most politics at th moment.

The more help the better.

It's exhausting work in the bush.

Also exhausting within the City and still lots to do.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Saw a bear yesterday. They have been a problem.

Top Bottom