Forster creek

kosstro

Reaction score
Any one gone up forster creek this year yet? or interested in going tomorrow?
It has been snowing in the mountains alot this week and i'm wondering what's going on!

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey kosstro, let us know what you find out. Haven't heard of anyone going up yet.
We're in Radium and might wanna take a run up there next week if there's any snow. Hubbys got an engine to try out!

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forster was DEEP!

We got in and there were only two sets of buried tracks across the meadows, probably from last weekend. The big creek is completely open, and the small ones after the cabin broke open after we crossed them. We didn't even make it to the bottom of the climb up to the lakes as the 4-5 feet of blower snow in the valley was too much fun. The wind was picking up on the peaks so it may rip through the valley but when we were there the snow was not wind packed at all.

We rode in from the parking lot at about 20.5k where the grooming skidder is parked. Didn't see the groomer parked out there, is it in for maintenance?

I'll see if I can get some pics up tonight.

summitking

Reaction score
Wow, that looks great LID. Imagine the snow up top. Does anyone know how long you'd have to wait until your sure you can ride on the lakes above the headwall?

kosstro

Reaction score
I would say the lakes up top are frozen, but it's more a matter of dodging the rocks to get up there. this time last year it was waaaay warmer, and people were getting up there, but they were slaloming around the rocks on the headwall, lots of landmines til the snow settles. however, with that much snow, it might be good to go.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics Kosstro...we're hoping to shoot up for a quick ride on Tues to make sure the sleds are good to go !!! :D

OMG...that's tomorrow!!!!! :eek:

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, that looks great LID. Imagine the snow up top. Does anyone know how long you'd have to wait until your sure you can ride on the lakes above the headwall?

There's been people on Thunderwater this year.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was pretty flat light and the meadows were great so we didn't risk pinballing off rocks to check out the climb. I'm sure it's not a big problem to get up there when you can see.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son and I were up Sun Nov 15 to the headwall. It was to socked in to climb, but it snowed all day and we had fresh playing in the meadows and trees. So a good start to the season. When the weather breaks the snow will be amazing up there. 6 feet in the trees near the headwall, so your best guess what is up above.

We unloaded around the 38km from truck deck. I would not do it with more than a 2 place trailer though. The pic is on the left in the trees just prior to the headwall.

Attachments

• Nov 16_Forester 2009.JPG
    Nov 16_Forester 2009.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 297

kdog

Reaction score
I have heard there are times that you cant climb the headwall at forester and get to the lakes....is this true and if it is does anyone know when this is?? Thanks

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The things that would stop you from climbing to the lakes would be;
A)Too much snow
B)Too little snow
C) visibility
D)Not enough Sled
E)Not enough skill

It may be tough this weekend, we've been dumped on and big winds the last few days may have loaded up the headwall.

I used to live in Camrose....who is this?

Top Bottom