Forester - Jan 3

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Forester on Sat.

It was DEEEP in the meadows. 3+ feet. Crazy windy though.

Forester FSR is not being plowed to the staging area, it's packed pretty good but will be a bad place in the spring when it softens up.

Big trailers need to park at DogLeg lake staging area off Westside road.

Trail from there to Forester staging area is bad. Wear your kidney belt!

from there the trail is super smooth, Thanks to the club for grooming!

Darcy

diggers

Reaction score
why dont they groom to dogleg staging? was there last year with a buddy and we both had our 8 yr old boys on our sleds the whole trail up was not groomed. what a difference between riding a 01 zx doo vs 07 rev with 1.5 whoops.
:confused:

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why dont they groom to dogleg staging? was there last year with a buddy and we both had our 8 yr old boys on our sleds the whole trail up was not groomed. what a difference between riding a 01 zx doo vs 07 rev with 1.5 whoops.
:confused:

They should for sure - when there is good snow there are some other little lakes that can be accessed from that lower parking lot and would make excellent family areas but the whoops are killers.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They should for sure - when there is good snow there are some other little lakes that can be accessed from that lower parking lot and would make excellent family areas but the whoops are killers.

I am guessing not enough snow to groom to Westside staging area. There is only a foot of snow there.

I took my family into Sam's folley lake last weekend and the trail was great, it is only whooped out going to Forester fsr.

There is many km of trails in the Dogleg area.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Forester on Sat.
Forester FSR is not being plowed to the staging area, it's packed pretty good but will be a bad place in the spring when it softens up.

Last year i forget when, but after my whole almost driving off the road experience they actually took the groomer all the way to the bottom, bladed it nicely and dragged the skid to smoothen it up, driving up was a piece of cake and you could still park at the bottom to ride up the road. Hope they do this by the time we decide to head that way.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been out recently ? any new updates ? thinking of leaving tomm Jan 22 for a ride at forester. Gunna be a few of us. Worth the trip from Calgary ?

SNAFU

Reaction score
I was at Forster on Friday and Saturday. It was pretty windblown and packed. By the end of Saturday it was pounded everywhere. I was thinking about going this weekend again, but not if there has been no new snow.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode today, looked like 5inches in the meadows, was soft anyways. Parked at Dogleg, trail was groomed and was a highway, was really cold while moven that fast. Bluebird sun all day, found some stuff to climb. Nothing serious for snow really but some semi-soft stuff u could trench. Had a great day overall, put on 120k's and everyone in our group almost ran outta gas :d

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shout out to the Radium folks for keeping the trail groomed!! :d

Make sure you pay the fees, it would be hell without a smooth trail.

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode there on sunday(jan 25/09). the trail in was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! very well maintained. the conditions in there kinda sucked though!!!!!!!!!! no real new snow and pretty windswept. we were still able to find some soft stuff in amongst the trees, so still had a decent day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom