Forester - Jan 3

summitking

Reaction score
Trail was freshly groomed and in great condition. Still needs some more snow around the cabin but was dumping at the end of the day! :d

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can someone give some directions to Forester or other areas near Radium?
I usually ride Quartz and Silent Pass. I'm not into highmarking and prefer boondocking. Pic's would be great.
Got a friend with a vacation home near there that's offered to let me use it for a weekend. Free accomodations would make a nice sled trip.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much more snow do the ride area's in Radium get than the ski hill? Check out the Panorama snow report, its pathetic!

What ride are in Radium gets the most snow?

summitking

Reaction score
Forester definately gets more snow than Panorama. That hill is pretty pathetic for powder. It's wierd at Forester, you can be down in the staging area and it's nice and sunny out and by the time you climb the 20 or so clicks of trail and make it back to the lakes it's dumping.

rocnrod

Reaction score
Heading there for the 15th weekend - high risk of Avalanche???
(Never rode there before - not sure what to expect).

Ride mostly at Quartz Creek & Boulder - any similarities?

GRD

Reaction score

From what I saw, I would say quartz has a higher avy risk than Forester.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any pics of Forester or Paradise???
How often are these areas groomed?

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
paradise is called Toby creek adventures and is more for first,times group deals.its good bowl but to small for amout of traffic.they have there own groomer and done nightly for a good night ride.

slabm7

Reaction score

In the meadows at forester there isn't much of of an avy risk, lots of meadows and creeeks. If you go up to the lakes you get into more avalanche danger but there is generally alot more snow up on the lakes and better riding.

slabm7

Reaction score

I was there twice last year and both times the trails were some of the best I have ridden. A nice smooth ride in and out. I think its about 20-25 kms from the staging area but is a nice little ride, good scenery and good trails.

slabm7

Reaction score
I haven't been to Forester yet this year but would like to go check it out, anyone maybe up for a day trip on Saturday or Sunday? Let me know.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
paradise is called Toby creek adventures and is more for first,times group deals.its good bowl but to small for amout of traffic.they have there own groomer and done nightly for a good night ride.

Toby Creek adventures is the tour company.
Paradise basin is the location:)

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

paradise
420013.jpg

summitking

Reaction score
They didn't have anyone at the toll booth collecting money when I went by but my buddies and I left $10 a peice in the mailbox and I can tell you that box was stuffed full of cash. I'm thinking they'll be grooming for this weekend too.
Talking to a few locals last weekend, a couple of the slopes are still waiting to come down, specifically on the east side of the meadows and up by the lakes.

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great riding back in the lakes after the waterfall, had some amazing POW days last year there but usually poor visibility. I think they groom once a week or something ... thats what a local said anyways, it sure seemed like it a few times i made it out, 20k's of whoops, rode their on a rough trail as many times as a smooth one, but when it's smooth it's a really really nice ride :). If you go the back way to the parking lot and the road in isn't bladed it can get a little sketchy, road is wide enough for 1 truck and if theirs lots of traffic and the snow has been falling some pretty good ruts start to form, my trailer axel is wider than my truck and was trying to pull me in the ditch all the way up first time id ever been, the next day we parked at the bottom. Bring tow ropes if you got em... on guy got to close to the inside line and right front tire sunk 1.5ft into soft stuff blocking the road. A diesel with a deck managed to sneek by him and tug him out.

Toby creek or Paradise the trail ride is something else .... bring your camera for some nice shots, a few shorcuts here and there are alot of fun too. This is a hotspot for snowboarders. When i was there we managed to do some climbing in some 2 foot fresh stuff on the furthest bowl and between some rocks that opened up into another bowl ontop. Was a pretty amazing day. There are daily tours of 20-30+ first timers out there. They ride to the cabin for a BBQ and then play a little on the low stuff. Don't get stuck behind one of these groups on the way down ... it's a long ride at 20kph

GRD

Reaction score
Couple of pics from the 29th of December

Attachments

• PC290083.jpg
    PC290083.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 35
  • PC290085.jpg
    PC290085.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 37
  • PC290088.jpg
    PC290088.jpg