Forester Conditions

mtnman

Reaction score
Haven't seen any posts lately. Wondering if any one has any condition updates. I assume staging area is mud but what about trail in?

Also heard there was a large crack in the snowpack on the right side going up to the lakes? Is that slope prone to avy's?

Only been there 3 times and loved it, but never in the spring so just wondering what its like now.

Thanks for any info.

KME

Reaction score
Any updates, anyone been in lately, thinking of riding there May long..

Cheers :beer:

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up this weekend. Road update: If you can't drive to kilometre 36 with your truck don't bother dropping your sled. A few corners on the road are snowed in deep but don't be fooled there is no snow on the road until at least 36km. Up high is still good and worth riding!

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were up last weekend too...rode lots of dirt...actually had to back off my buddy cuz I got dusted out on the trail :eek:

Super hard til later in the afternoon on Sunday. We got to just over 11,000 feet and it's very springlike up there...isothermic and greasy as chit to come down any big hills. Lots of quanitity of snow....just low on quality...but still great for Spring riding! :D

Agree with the trail...drive as far as you can. One dude chained up, but he didn't make it very far past where we parked anyways...but this week should clear up the trail a bit and you should be driving right up to the gas drop shortly.? We were up two weeks ago too...and the trail was all snow...within two weeks there was a huge difference...went from snow to dust...no mud, dust!

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
late season dump on Friday... 12" and more in some spots today. sweet way to end the season. drove to mud hole at km39 and unloaded, a little gravel to the 40km bridge after that it's white.

big slide at the gas drop, not sure when it came down but it went across the creek. crown was only half way up....the rest is going to come very soon.

Top Bottom