Ford diesel straight pipe?

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear when guys straight pipe their trucks the turbo builds like another 15 pounds boost because the exhaust doesnt have the back pressure but then others say it doesn't because the turbo is already putting putting out the max it can..So anyone here know anything about this?

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that your Ford with the stack that I posted on page 58 of "Cheesiest ch!t Ever" thread?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that is a load of crap, had 7.3, 6.0, 6.4, and exhaust will not change max boost, spool up time maybe. It's all in programming.

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score
Straight pipe will not increase boost, Your waste gate determines that, some are mechanical(Springs) and some are computer controlled(Not sure what is inside). Possible throttle response and it will free up some power. There is a guy in Sherwood who is a mechanic and drives a Ford he would be best to talk to ill try to find him on here and post back.

His screen name is Summitric you can find him in the "Dodge Death wobble" Thread

Last edited:

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Straight pipe will not increase boost, Your waste gate determines that, some are mechanical(Springs) and some are computer controlled(Not sure what is inside). Possible throttle response and it will free up some power. There is a guy in Sherwood who is a mechanic and drives a Ford he would be best to talk to ill try to find him on here and post back.

His screen name is Summitric you can find him in the "Dodge Death wobble" Thread

I don't think ric drives one. Just works on them. He has a cummins

sent from my android

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a set of stacks in the shop, but they can stay their for a while yet

Top Bottom